Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creased Clown Eye Makeup

2 posters

Go down

Creased Clown Eye Makeup Empty Creased Clown Eye Makeup

Post by contrachapado Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:12 am

Sorry to post this on this forum. I know it's not a clowning forum, but I can't figure out my password to The Clown Forum. For those of you who have experience doing your own clown makeup, I have a question. I was at an event for 5 hours, and when I got done, I realized that I had some major creases in the white of my clown makeup, on my eyelids. I was sweating, so I'm not sure if this is what caused it, or if that's just the way it is when you wear it for that long. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Creased Clown Eye Makeup Empty Re: Creased Clown Eye Makeup

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:20 pm

What are you using? I can help.

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:46 pm

I have a Mehron beginner's kit of clown makeup. So it was the white that was creasing. I used baby powder to set it.

Here's a link to the makeup kit I have.

http://www4.mailordercentral.com/tmyersmagic/prodinfo.asp?number=7655
contrachapado
contrachapado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:58 pm

Okay. I use Ben Nye AND Mehron so... I apply the white with a sponge then blend it with my fingers, tapping all over with a finger to spread and even out the make-up - just tap, tap, tap. Then I press the baby powder in with a terry cloth powder puff. Quite a lot of powder, and let it set for a few minutes before dusting off the excess.

When doing the eye lids I do one lid at a time - keeping my eye as closed as possible while tapping, and being careful not to get creases in it BEFORE I powder it. I press the powder in, and the do the other eye while that powder sets into the make-up.

If I get a crease in the make-up before I powder (because I had to open my eye or something) I tap it out before appying the powder...

The tapping spreads out the cream make-up and makes a nice light even coat, and the powder will stop it from creasing.

I've always had really good luck with this and don't get creases on my eyelids... even after 20 hours!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyppee1 Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 am

I have been a working clown for about 15+ years and I know the problem you are having. I am assuming that you are doing a white face since that is typically where this comes to light.
To help the problem try not putting makeup on overly thick, keep it even, and powder powder powder....did I mention powder? I try to powder immediately in problem areas (for me its my neck) and pat the powder in extra in those areas since any moisture can precipitate creasing. As often as not the problem is caused by skin in your natural creases rubbing the makeup away after it gets slightly moist. If I am working on a very humid day (and few days in the South are not) I will do a light "redo" of powder part way through to help keep everything dry and smooth. I also avoid dusting off the extra powder on my neck if it is not visible. Insurance.
You could try sealers before applying makeup. I don't do this very often because it is extra work and I am not very fond of the extra scrubbing it takes to remove most of them, but some people have had success with that approach.

Last edited by Xyppee1 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
Xyppee1
Xyppee1

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:35 am

Thanks for the tips!

I did powder right away, but didn't really give it time to soak in before dusting off. I thought it wasn't too thick, but it seems like this stuff is thicker than the Jim Howle stuff I have. Next time I'll have to try and make it thinner. I did pat it. I guess I know the basic technique to applying the makeup, but need to work on perfecting it. Thanks much!
contrachapado
contrachapado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum