Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-Amp my Display board

+19
Metzpah
Jessica Hicklin
Captain-Savvy
Painted Dragon
Kristal
cassandra
glendaoneill
LoneWolf
WyndyO
AngieAnders
eva
Sherry
Perry Noia
Winger1200
Heather Timmons
allparties
OC FUN
Metina
kyfaceandbodyart
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re-Amp my Display board Empty Re-Amp my Display board

Post by kyfaceandbodyart Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:34 am

Ok, I need to Re-Amp my Display board. I am currently using a large Dry-Earse Board, and taped my designs to it (it works but it needs some updates). The start of our busy fair and festival season will be here in just a few months. So I need to get started on my prep. Any ideas? What do you all use? Pics would be nice, I just want to get some ideas on how to make mine better.
kyfaceandbodyart
kyfaceandbodyart

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re-Amp my Display board Empty Re: Re-Amp my Display board

Post by Metina Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:24 pm

I am watching this topic with great interest. I honestly don't have much of a display at all and bring a small book with me. It seems to work ok, but I am sure a nice display would be better.

Please post pics if you have 'em.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OC FUN Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:33 pm

This is one I saw balloonist use. I like how its double sided and easy to setup.
Re-Amp my Display board 2974995444217f91315cxt4.th
OC FUN
OC FUN

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.ocfunrentals.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kyfaceandbodyart Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:37 pm

Also I was wanting to cut down on my faces design options. My List I have so far is
Butterfly Spiderman Pirate Cat
Princess Batman Dog Tiger
Mardi Gras Mask Skull

I need a few more, but I am having trouble deciding which ones. I am looking for the quick 3-5 min. designs.
kyfaceandbodyart
kyfaceandbodyart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:54 pm

Re-Amp my Display board Display

This is what I use for large public and corporate events.

For small parties/groups I just use a binder with my design pages in plastic page protectors for them to look through.

I have about 120 different designs in the book and on the board (it is now arranged differently with more photos - 9 faces per page/12 arm designs per page)... I will paint anything they want as long as I know what it looks like or can wing it.

I update my design pages at least once a year... take off unpopular designs, replace with newer versions or better examples. I have all the pages on my computer so just print off a new page, laminate, and mount with velcro stickers to the fabric display board, or replace the page in my book.

I use "brochure paper" to print these as it is glossy and stiffer and the colours are brighter than on bond paper. I have my own laminator so it's not a big deal to do a new page.

I was thinking about changing my format to larger photos of fewer designs and laminating them separately for the table top display - then I could change out photos for each job. But, haven't got around to it.

There is a mirror in this photo - on the left panel, I now have three mounted on the back of that panel at different heights so thay the kids get out of my chair and can go admire themselves there!

Back to top Go down

Post by kyfaceandbodyart Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:27 pm

Wow Shannon yours looks great. I still want to keep my designs at a basic level, so I can master speed (I plan on adding more as I go). 120 Designs OH MY! I think I am going to stick to 15-20.
kyfaceandbodyart
kyfaceandbodyart

Back to top Go down

Post by allparties Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:27 pm

Shannon what are your write ups about? I noticed that you have four different ones?

I too am looking at making a board or book soon for this year. I just need to get some pictures to print off. I like the idea of laminated papers as I know that I have just had pictures printed off and they always get destroyed.
allparties
allparties

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://www.alwaysaparty.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:41 pm

I also have two more on there - I use the back panels too, and have rearranged the front...

Shannon's Safety Flyer This is displayed with the mirrors on the back.

Shannon's Age Sign This is now on the front - I won't paint under three and putting this up (instead of just having it a a point on my disclaimer) helps stop the arguing with idiot parents with screaming two year olds.

Shannon's Timing Sign Top Right is my Timing Sign

Shannon's Disclaimer Top left is my disclaimer

Center left is an "ad" for my other services.

Centre right says everything on display was painted by me, but don't be limited by these photos as I can paint anything you want, and my tag line "Everyone's a Work of Art".

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Timmons Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:12 pm

/hugs to Shannon. You rock. Thank you for sharing your board and info. That's really nice Shannon!

Very Happy
Heather Timmons
Heather Timmons

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2008-09-28

http://www.catsmeowinfo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by allparties Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks so much Shannon.

Do you mind if I follow your direction to do up a board for myself?
allparties
allparties

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Go for it. If I put it out there I expect people will use it someway... if they want!!

Back to top Go down

Post by kyfaceandbodyart Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:35 pm

Shannon, what material is your display board made of ? and where can I get one? I need something to stand up to outdoor weather.
Oh and thanks for the info.
kyfaceandbodyart
kyfaceandbodyart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Mine is a full size tabletop, fabric covered display. There is actually also a header piece that fits on top of the part shown in my photo but I don't use it. I got this one from an organization I used to work for - they changed their colours and weren't using the red/blue combo anymore so the manager gave me this instead of trashing it! Cost was probably originally around $1000. Has it's own carrying case, etc.

It is an "old" style - the newer things like this are made out of different materials and often are collapsable.

This is something that is similar to mine in basic design concept http://www.oceanexhibits.com/Pages/DisplaySystems/PalladianDisplays.html

Last edited by Shannon Fennell on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Shannon, you are a star!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winger1200 Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:26 am

I really had a display problem because I found my brag book & looseleaf binder of photos were too limiting for viewing and the big display board too awkward to bring to parties & family nights at resturants. Since space there is tight, I wanted something everyone could easily see.
Quite by accident I happened to see a personal publisher's ad and she worked with me to create an 12x18" poster of twenty of my photos, neatly cropped to show off designs best. And, the price is right - $7 plus shipping.
The poster photo with info can be seen in my Face Painters Jam album at the bottom of my Gallery home page.
I want to order three more to create two book-style stand alone posters. The first poster is a general one, the second will be of cheek art; then masks & full faces will make a great display linked together for smaller parties, or all displayed for big events.
I also found out Jennifer can create huge canvas posters to display large photos in booths.
Im new to these kind of displays and really value your opinion, so please let me know what you think.
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:32 am

I haven't used it yet, but someone on the clown forum gave me an idea to laminate individual pictures and string them on a line... I can either hang this string from a table, on a wall or (if I can find something sturdy enough to tie it to) indicate where they should line up for face painting. I've put the pictures double sided and punched holes in the top corners so that they can't be removed by kids or parents, but I can switch up the pictures whenever I like this way....

I'll be trying it for the first time tomorrow and I'm thinking I'm going to tie it to a chair at one end and the chair the kids sit in at the other end and they can look at all the pics while they wait in line. I'll take some pictures if I have time tomorrow.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:39 am

Here's a sign I used last year at all my outdoor festival events. I heard about it online from other face painters. I got this plastic sleeve sign for postcards from Oriental Trading Company, put the pictures in and draped it over a makeshift wooden stand my husband made. I didn't really like it, because the pictures would fall out during transport and packing and storing it. Also, it rained at a few events and got on the pictures.

[url=Re-Amp my Display board 10-15-08002]Re-Amp my Display board 10-15-08002[/url]

Here's a new sign a made for an event I did last weekend. I bought this frame at Hobby Lobby and made the sign up myself. It won't be easy to change the pictures, so I'm still working on coming up with a good display myself. They're so time consuming to make!! I like Shannon's idea of doing a new sign once a year. I think that will be my new plan! Smile
Re-Amp my Display board FacePaintingDisplaySign002
Sherry
Sherry

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.funfaces.net

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:28 pm

I was thinking about buying one of those science fair boards. Then using each of the three sections to divide by time and money. I think they only run about 5 dollars and come in any color. I could make something similar to Shannons, but not as nice and definetly cheaper. I think they even sell them that fold up smaller and velcroe with a handle, and have a top to make sure that it isn't tipsy when set up....peob cost more.

Think that would work?
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:27 pm

I've seen something similar done, just beware that at an outside event, it's like a kite.... up, up and away! Looks nice though
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Staples has three-panel folding display boards for sale in all sorts of colours right now. The look like they are foamcore.

You could use velcro dots on them so you could change the photos when you want...

Indoors they would be fine, but the wind would be a problem unless you made holes in the bottom corners and ran a cord through it and then around the table top... could work.

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks Shannon. I think I am going to try it. Trial and error always works for me. It would at least be a cheap solution for now.
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Ok, I used this at my gig last night... a fundraiser dinner for a friend of mine with breast cancer.... I got a lot of compliments on it because it kept the line in control, gave the kids in line something to look at and that my overall set up looked professional. I would like to get a professional looking stanchion for the end of the line at some point, but they're a little pricey so it'll have to wait.

Re-Amp my Display board IMG_4027
Re-Amp my Display board IMG_4028
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Hey, pretty neat. Thanks for sharing this!
Sherry
Sherry

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.funfaces.net

Back to top Go down

Post by allparties Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:44 pm

Hey Perry that turned out great. I like the idea of it also keeping the line under control.
allparties
allparties

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:29 am

That's actually given me an idea to try to keep people out of my shelter at one of my festivals - I usually have my car on one side, table on another and try to barricade the other two with police tape - I think I'll make something like that to use instead or as well as the police tape!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next