Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airbrush...tattoos and tshirts

5 posters

Go down

Airbrush...tattoos and tshirts Empty Airbrush...tattoos and tshirts

Post by eva Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:42 pm

I have been seriously considering investing in some equipment to start airbrushing. I think I can throw almost everything together except for the guns and ink. So my question is....should I invest in a gravity or bottom feed? or do I need a dual action? How many guns are really needed to do these two things? and does anyone have any brand recommendations? Any and all info anyone has would be greatly appreciated...thanks all
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Airbrush...tattoos and tshirts Empty Re: Airbrush...tattoos and tshirts

Post by jnjkoz Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Iwata makes really, really good guns, I hear that dual action is best with a bottom feed, you will need as many guns as you'll want colors. We purchased a Cricut machine to do stencils, because they are pretty expensive to but individually, and use X-Ray film we buy on Ebay to make the stencils. We also bought a program that you download into your computer so that you don't have to use the stencils from the cricut boxes. It turns any vector image into a usable image.

Hope this helps Smile
jnjkoz
jnjkoz

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:18 am

I learned (temp tattoo's) on a single action bottom feed with an open cup, however my preference is for a dual action (for the control). I've been happily using top feed airbrushes for years, but recently purchased several bottom feed (dual action) to move to having a dedicated airbrush for each color - it was unwieldy to change colors fast, repeatedly.

It is very easy to work with a dual action top feed changing colors, just not so much fun doing tattoos when you need to change often and quite often right back to the color you just got out of.....
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BATWilliamsMagic Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 pm

jnjkoz wrote:We purchased a Cricut machine to do stencils, because they are pretty expensive to but individually, and use X-Ray film we buy on Ebay to make the stencils.

I don't know what your x-ray film costs, but we just started cutting our own stencils with the Cricut, and I'm currently using the plastic index dividers. Our cost comes down to around 10 cents per stencil (using 1/4 page per stencil) versus paying $3-$5 each to buy them! And I think these are going to hold up really, really well.
BATWilliamsMagic
BATWilliamsMagic

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by relee2 Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:50 pm

jnjkoz wrote:  We also bought a program that you download into your computer so that you don't have to use the stencils from the cricut boxes.  It turns any vector image into a usable image.  

I would love to know what program this is!

Rachel
relee2
relee2

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-05

http://facepaintingco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: