Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What sitting/standing set up do you use?

3 posters

Go down

What sitting/standing set up do you use? Empty What sitting/standing set up do you use?

Post by catseyefacepainting Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to figure out a new situation for when face painting, I've tried both sitting, having the child sit & me stand and either way I am always leaning forwards & my back is killing me. I do some long 8 hour market events so I am trying to find something new that will help me.

I currently have this chair https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90404879/
& I still find it's not tall enough i'm always crouching and leaning down/forward towards the child... (I'm about 5'6" for reference!)

I'm honeslty thinking of getting 4 adjustable legs from ikea and setting up some sort of small table for the child to sit on - the only issues with this is it would be harder for me to lift them to to a 45 inch tall table (maybe use a step ladder?) & also no back support for the child so they may waver more...

Any thoughts, ideas would be great! My set up has to be fairly small and be able to fold or take apart as I live in a small apartment.

Thank you so much!!
catseyefacepainting
catseyefacepainting

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-03-26

Back to top Go down

What sitting/standing set up do you use? Empty Re: What sitting/standing set up do you use?

Post by Astrokeofinspiration Wed May 02, 2018 3:31 pm

I sit while painting.  I found the problem was the children tended to lean back in the chair forcing me to bend forward to paint them.  I then had an epiphany.  I got a round folding 18 inch stool for the child to sit on.  They can no longer sit back. Also I can easily have them sit sideways if I am painting on the side of their face.  The chair can hold 400lbs.  (Think mom and child) https://www.amazon.com/Ankola-Folding-Plastic-Portable-Capacity/dp/B01L76I3Q8

Astrokeofinspiration

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Back to top Go down

What sitting/standing set up do you use? Empty Re: What sitting/standing set up do you use?

Post by jlirie Sat May 05, 2018 2:53 pm

if you are painting for up to 8 hours, part of the solution may be to take movement/stretch breaks.

working that long in one position will take its toll.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down