Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to set/seal waterbased paints

2 posters

Go down

How to set/seal waterbased paints Empty How to set/seal waterbased paints

Post by AlexLeon Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 pm

I'm using TAG to do a full body lavender color for a cosplay. I have read that powder is not necessary for water based, but I've also read that powder is useful for bodies.

AlexLeon

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-04-17

Back to top Go down

How to set/seal waterbased paints Empty Re: How to set/seal waterbased paints

Post by fesspenter Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:21 pm

There are excellent sealants to use for body painting with water-based paint.

With Blue Marble SeLr, spray the body lightly and evenly first, avoiding the eyes.
Use your wax based TAG paint with either brush or sponge.
Once dry, evenly top coat with the Blue Marble SeLr. The top coating tends to 'fuzz' the linework. I can touch it up easily.

Kryolan sells a fixing spray, and it is expensive, considering how fast it runs out.

I have used Blue Marble SeLr at Fantasy Fest in Key West. It is humid. It rains. People sweat. The SeLr really keeps the makeup in place.

The facepaintforumshop.com also sells alcohol hybrid body paint called ProAiir. ProAiir can be airbrushed, or sponged on. ProAiir does not need a primer coat, or sealant. It is water proof.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down