Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Split cake recommendations

3 posters

Go down

Split cake recommendations Empty Split cake recommendations

Post by lisajoshua5 Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi all,

I had my first proper UK set up over the weekend and it was great! Very Happy So glad I decided to get back into it.

Anyway, I don't have any split cakes and although I manage using individual colours to create rainbows and colour blends etc., it is time consuming. To improvise, I made 3 cuts in a half moon sponge making 4 parts, however it's difficult just keeping one colour on a certain part and it's quite big.
What brands/shops in the UK would you recommend using and what's the average price for them. At the moment, I use Snazaroo products however, they don't have any split cakes Sad I want to make sure that they're all safe to use and I've never used anything other than Snazaroo previously.

Thanks so much,

Lisa J x Smile

lisajoshua5

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-07-25

Back to top Go down

Split cake recommendations Empty Re: Split cake recommendations

Post by jlirie Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:58 pm

hi lisa, most‎ professional brands of face paint have a number of split cakes to choose from, prices vary a bit depending on brand and size of the cake.  

you can check out examples in the face paint forum shop above (currently red and white banner),‎ or look online for UK sites.

most people would recommend only getting color combinations you will actually use in your current designs, vs one of every pretty combination, lol.  you can always add new ones as you go along.‎
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:44 pm

Hi Lisa J.
You can buy all of these here on Metina's..
Face Paint Forum Shop!
Try watching Lisa Joy Young on You Tube. If I remember correctly, she suggested:
COLOR                                        USE
Blue/white combo                        Dolphin/Shark/Princess/Frozen
Yellow/Lt/Dk green/Blk                 Leaves/Dragon/Ninja Turtles
Red/Pink/White                            Roses/Princess/Butterfly
Yellow/Orange/Red/Blk                  Fire/Dragon
Rainbow                                      Butterfly/Rainbows/unicorn
I'd add a "teddy bear" one stroke, w/lt/med/dk brown. Good for animals but most often used for various skin tones for my fairies & mermaids.
*My personal favorite: TAG brand -"NEON UNICORN"
There is a pearl type & one w/out Neon Magenta...I never use those. My kit always has a spare of the one w/Neon. The colors are;
Purple/Neon Magenta/White/Teal.  I use it for Princesses, Unicorns, My most asked for "Rainbow Swirl", a simple line-buster facial or arm swirl w/flowers, teardrops & starbursts. Happy Painting!!!
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lisajoshua5 Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Thanks everyone! xx I've now ordered some TAG ones. A lot of people recommended it so thought I'd give it a try.

Lisa X Very Happy

lisajoshua5

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum