Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cincinnati very newbie

4 posters

Go down

Cincinnati very newbie Empty Cincinnati very newbie

Post by Mbmurdock Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi,
My name is MaryBeth, so usually people end up calling me MB, so that is fine if it's easier to type. I am very very new to face painting, other than painting for Halloween, and for painting my grandkids. I've been doing art for as long as I can remember, and everyone I know says I need to do faceprinting. I originally bought a set of snazaroo paints when my 10 year old granddaughter asked me if I would paint faces at her birthday party, and I discovered I love it. I am scared to death to try painting for a charity and am in no way anywhere near ready to charge anyone for painting. But I've been reading this forum for a few weeks, and have already learned a ton. I look forward to learning even more, and hopefully one day actually painting faces for $. I do have a hard time with my confidence, so this will be a hurdle for me. I look forward to hearing how other people have overcome this, and of course learning more and more about facepainting. Oh, by the way, I have since bought tag black and white, and quite a few global split cakes, and glitter and more glitter, and then of course, glitter!

Mbmurdock

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-08-09

Back to top Go down

Cincinnati very newbie Empty Re: Cincinnati very newbie

Post by Kris5115 Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:42 am

Hi and welcome! Keep practicing! Your confidence will grow. Watch tutorials and practice what you have learned. And have fun too!
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:09 am

welcome marybeth, lol, you can never have too much glitter Wink

your art experience will serve you well in face painting, with color combinations, composition of designs, brush strokes, etc.
many of us have a similar creative background.

just keep practicing on your grandkids, yourself, or any practice surfaces you may get.
practice at family get togethers, to get an idea of what it might be like in public - i.e. kids waiting in line, needing to paint quickly, dealing with wind blowing kids' hair in their face, etc.

start with simple designs you can do well. and do use your tag and global paint for practice, you will have better results than with snazaroo.
snazaroo is fine for bases (background areas) but the thicker texture makes it difficult to get clean lines and details.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kirarakat Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:37 pm

HI MB, good luck with the parties! I bet your grankids will be very popular if you keep up with the parties Smile Good luck, and I'll be learning right along with you Very Happy
kirarakat
kirarakat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum