Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teaming up with another painter

2 posters

Go down

Teaming up with another painter Empty Teaming up with another painter

Post by SarahLee Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 pm

I have been painting for a few years now, but always solo. One event I do is VERY large, and I am the only face painter given a spot at this event. I think I really need to consider having a second painter. How do you go about that? What about designs and pricing? Any help on the subject would be much appreciated!

SarahLee

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Teaming up with another painter Empty Re: Teaming up with another painter

Post by Kris5115 Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:23 am

I have worked with other painters several times. My preferred way is to have one display everyone uses and one line. Whenever a painter is open, the next person in line is painted. This method works best for painters of similar ability.

I have also worked with a beginner and we had one display but it had 2 sections. The top section had the higher priced designs that I painted and the bottom had the lower priced designs that the beginner painted. It would be best to have 2 lines and a good line manager in this situation since the lines moved and very different paces. If a family had kids in both lines they could be painted at very different times.

If you share a display, be sure to agree on the designs in advance. A word board can be a great option here since painters typically have their own style. Having a good line manager is also a plus.

When I paint at PPF events, my display has 3 sections with 3 price points. There were 2 painters at a recent event and both of us painted from this display and I sent her the designs a month in advance.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahLee Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:12 am

Thanks so much! Those are great options and a big help!

SarahLee

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down