Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie in Illinois

3 posters

Go down

Newbie in Illinois Empty Newbie in Illinois

Post by jmrickel81 Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:09 pm

Greetings from Illinois!

I'm just starting out and have been practicing on my kids, myself & practice head (Pamela) for the past 2 weeks.  I actually got a 'wow' from my husband last night on my newest design on my practice head! I'm also currently attending an online course that has been extremely beneficial.  I watch YouTube like my life depends on it! I didn't know this forum existed and I almost cried when I Googled a question and landed here. I had so many questions and there are so many answers!

I'm currently building my site & a Facebook page. I've created my business name and have applied (and approved) for my LLC.  I live in a small town that has events CONSTANTLY & truly believe that I will be successful here! I started to build my inventory of face paints, brushes, sponges, stencils, etc and I continue to learn new things everyday.  As I build my experience with practice, I'll create business cards to hand out and will be reaching out to my local churches & business to volunteer for some free events to get more practice and to get my name out there.

I'm so happy to be among others that I can learn from & I look forward to working with everyone here!

jmrickel81

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-07-31

Back to top Go down

Newbie in Illinois Empty Re: Newbie in Illinois

Post by Kris5115 Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:38 am

Hi and welcome!

Sounds like you are off to a fantastic start! Keep up the practicing! Sounds like there will be many opportunities for you!

Volunteering is great but I would recommend at least getting reimbursed for your supplies. (Feel free to check out what others here have experienced with free and volunteer work.)

Happy painting!
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:59 pm

hi and welcome, too, jmrickel81. have fun stocking up on paints and supplies Smile although don't get too much at first - figure out the colors and things you use regularly.

i would recommend only volunteering with one organization you want to support, for beginning practice.
that way you can tell people that is your charitable giving, and everyone else won't expect freebies when you start charging as a business.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum