Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any use for watery paints?

2 posters

Go down

Any use for watery paints? Empty Any use for watery paints?

Post by LanceIV Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Right now, I'm working with some hand-me-down paints, which are a mixture of different name brands. A couple of the name brands seem to have more of a watery consistency no matter how little water I use. Right now, I'm loving working with the creamier paints, like Wolfe. I'm thinking of replacing all of the watery paints with creamy paints, but I'm not sure if I should keep the watery paints.

Are watery paints good for anything? Or will they be redundant if I replace them with creamy paints?

Thanks!

LanceIV

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Any use for watery paints? Empty Re: Any use for watery paints?

Post by anniel Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:00 am

I don't quite understand the "watery" description. Is it that they need to be worked up into a more opaque state to paint with (some paints seem to have a bit of film on them when brand new, and you have to work With it a bit to get satisfactory coverage at first), or is it more a glycerin base which is better for sponging, but not really line work? If you give the brand & specific color, somebody may be able to give you better guidance...
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum