Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Forum/ Hey From Maryland!

3 posters

Go down

New to Forum/ Hey From Maryland! Empty New to Forum/ Hey From Maryland!

Post by chromaticfx Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Hey all! i am new to this forum- and this is actually taking me way back to AIM days and freewebs/html platforms....a neat kinda nostalgic feel to it.

Anyhoo..I am kinda new to facepaint world. I think Ive done pretty well for myself to get my name out there within the past 4 months. Any suggestions on what to do and what sites to go to for supplies, where to shop if im in a pinch for stuff or what I can do on the spot when I forget something?

Also, best places to go to learn some tricks to get faster...I have a hard time with taking my time and perfecting things so its a learning process y'all...a learning process Rolling Eyes Razz

chromaticfx

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-03-22

Back to top Go down

New to Forum/ Hey From Maryland! Empty Re: New to Forum/ Hey From Maryland!

Post by jlirie Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:17 pm

hi and welcome, chromaticfx. if you like, the forum has a face paint shop, click on the colorful banner at the top of the page. it supports the forum.

to get faster, i recommend simplify details and rely on color and blending.

many designs can look really good even without a lot of details. choose bright, contrasting colors, blend in several colors or shades, and use clean, bold lines and a few details.

also, avoid straight lines as much as possible, and small areas with lots of detail, at least at first.

a simple, we'll done design is better than one with lots of fussy details that ends up sloppy because there's more opportunity to make mistakes.

also, simple and fast works better for kids that are wiggly.

Last edited by jlirie on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:08 am

Hi and welcome! Looking forward to seeing some of your work! There's lots of great information here - take your time and explore the different threads. For me, looking at images of really good face painting helps me improve my placement and overall shape of the designs. I love all of the great tips and tutorials too.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum