Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heya from B.C., Canada

4 posters

Go down

Heya from B.C., Canada Empty Heya from B.C., Canada

Post by mangoluffs Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:08 am

I've come from the lurker bushes and decided to offer my sweaty nervous paw for a greeting.

I hail from the Remote Central coast of B.C., Canada.

As like any newcomer has (or should) I've scoured the forums for hours, weeks, Years on end! Well maybe not years, but it certainly feels like it. I've taken to heart the lessons and warnings on hygiene and read the forums as if it were the face painters bible. (Which I'm sure its reached that status already) Soaked up the great info like a sponge and hope to give some back in vibrant and colorful ways. Razz  I don't really remember how I have gotten an interest in face painting as a possible sideline, but here I am belly flopping into another art medium.

In the journey so far as a beginner I've fallen into the brand Kryvaline. It seemed closer for purchase, although being as remote as I am , shipping is still killer. So i purchase supplies from the forums shop and send it to my American home away from home and pick up when I get there again. I'd rather wait then miss the chance for another rainbow cake! Yet waiting is the new killer. D:

As much as I dislike the thought straying away from one brand and joining into the brand lottery of face paints, having read general opinions, I've been interested in trying the Diamond FX white as a liner. Still having one brand it seems it would be easier to carry less msds sheets around if the time ever comes to be public about my hobby/life. Perhaps one day when i feel adventurous I'll give other brands a go. I have a white starblends, but no blenders/lollipops to apply it too well at the moment. Though may have found a sponge that could work just as well, as it's meant for panpastels.

Slowly working on my kit and just like my other artistic interests, I NEED EVERY COLOR! So it'll be a playful colorful process. Thank you all for blazing the trail, and sharing the experiences for everyone to enjoy.

mangoluffs

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-08-03

Back to top Go down

Heya from B.C., Canada Empty Re: Heya from B.C., Canada

Post by Kris5115 Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:27 am

Hi and welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start and have a good plan for adding paint from time to time. If you are thinking of trying different brands, white and/or black are good choices since they tend to be used on most designs and run out most quickly. Plus if you don't like it for linework, you may like it for base blending. Try a different brand each time you run out until you find the one you like best (and hope they never change the formula). :-)
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:00 am

welcome, mangoluffs Smile hope you are enjoying practicing and developing your style.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:11 am

Welcome to The Forum, mangoluffs!
I also purchase from the FacePaintForumShop.com (the colourful rectangle at the top right side of this column) when there is a sale. I have it sent to my relatives in the U.S. and always declare it when crossing the border back to Canada.
We have a monthly jam put on my Rose Winkworth (Winky the Clown) and I try to attend as many jams as I can. At the jams, I can try out new colours, brands, brushes, etc.
I do the face painting for a certain 18 day festival in Toronto, and we use one sponge per child. I own 1,500 sponges, so our whole team is supplied with fresh sponges, and I do not have to do laundry every single day for 18 days in a row. I went to my beloved Canadian Tire Store and purchased (in the cleaning aisle) a package of 8 sponges for $3CDN and I carved them into wedges with my electric carving knife.
Also, every time I made a purchase from the FacePaintForumShop, I would add on a package of 10 green Fantasy World Wide sponges, to round out my collection.
Happy, Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:52 pm

i'm imagining a bounce house with a face painting sponge pit Razz
jlirie
jlirie