Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airbrush Equipment HELP

3 posters

Go down

Airbrush Equipment HELP Empty Airbrush Equipment HELP

Post by SmazyFunFaces Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:47 pm

Hey guys!
I've been looking for a good airbrush to work with that isn't too crazy expensive. I would love anyones advice on what to get!  Or do you guys think it's really worth it to bite the bullet and get an Iwata? Also, I was gonna get the Iwata Smart Jest Compressor, what is your guy's opinion on that? Thank you guys so much! You're the best!
SmazyFunFaces
SmazyFunFaces

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-01-15

Back to top Go down

Airbrush Equipment HELP Empty Re: Airbrush Equipment HELP

Post by fesspenter Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 am

Dear SmazyFunFaces:
Sweet Loretta on this Forum is a font of knowledge regarding airbrush.
Having said that, I have done everything WRONG, and so I am learning the hard way.

The first question to ask yourself is "What am I airbrushing?" Airbrush Tattoos, Face Stencils, Body Painting?
Each answer will narrow down your choices, so it will be less confusing.
There are always used airbrushes for sale on resale sites like Kijiji, Craigslist, and eBay.
TCP Global brand of air brushes are Iwata knock-offs.
And...
I prefer my Iwata Eclipse brushes.
I like the balanced weight.

As for compressors....
I have an Iwata Sprint Jet, an Iwata Maxx-Jett, and CO2 tanks. I love each of them for their specific uses. If I had it to do over again, I would have researched QUIETEST compressors! They are out there, and I have already invested in my Iwata compressors. I worked beside an airbrush artist with a Silent Air compressor. I could feel the vibration of his compressor through the floor, and I could not hear it!

Where are you from, SmazyFunFaces?

Happy Airbrushing!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:27 pm

I have a nice resource handout on what's what, types, brands, varies retailers email and I will send it to you.

If you can afford the top quality do so. I too love my Iwatas. The weight and balance. And Iwata compressors are very quiet. The are studio compressors meant to be used in an indoor environment. Lisa is lucky she has not been next to artist I have with their industrial pancake compressors. They are loud! Very happy with our several Iwata compressors and 32 Eclipses.

Yes, what you want to do with it and where you plane to grow with it are important things to consider. So what are you going to do? Face Art? Tattoos? Body Painting? All? What is your reality and budget?

Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SmazyFunFaces Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Thank you both so much for your feedback! I greatly appreciate it! Also I am going to be doing airbrush face painting and airbrush tattoos. I ended up buying an Iwata Eclipse airbrush and the Smart Jet Pro compressor. Those seemed to be solid products I could build off of. Also, I have one last question for all you great people! What is your preference on airbrush tattoo ink? Thank you all so much!
SmazyFunFaces
SmazyFunFaces

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Endura, and Wiser Oner's Tattoo Ink are my favourite Air brush tattoo inks.
Each artist will have their favourites. Do not invest a lot of money in different colour inks, until you try a few small sizes of different brands of ink. Go to jams and ask other artists which they prefer, and why they prefer the inks.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:35 pm

In my company we use European Body Art Endura ink for tattoos. Love it. Vibrant, Durable and pleanty of colors.

You can add your adapter right out of the 1 oz Endura bottles.

We thin it if and when needed with 99% alcohol. Alcohol evaporates off the inks and they can need to be revitalized.

Endura may not be the cheapest airbrush tattoo makeup, But you get what you pay for sometimes and this makeup works really well. We use it for tattoos, limited face art and body art.

I advise you to use one brand if running a variety of colors. If you have one airbrush this is very imporatant. I advise you to not mix brands through one brush during a painting session.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum