Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

insurance companies

2 posters

Go down

insurance companies Empty insurance companies

Post by ising_gazer# Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:59 pm

My name is Dee and I live in the U.S., in Indiana, very close to Chicago, Illinois.

I'm somewhat new to face painting.   The last time I face painted was around 2009 at a company picnic.   I didn't have good-quality paints (but I do now) and I didn't have insurance.

I would like to start face painting as a business but am unsure about what type of insurance to purchase.   I've seen on-line 3 businesses that deal with clowns/entertainment/face painters; they are:

Clowns of America Int'l.

World Clown Association

Specialty/Performers of America

I'm very skeptical about on-line businesses like these and do not feel comfortable handing my money over to them.  I prefer a company that I can walk into to discuss something as important as insurance.   Therefore, has anyone had any experience with the 3 insurance companies I've listed?   If so, how legitimate are they?   Do you find that they are great companies to deal with?

If no one has dealt with them, what other insurance companies can anyone recommend?   I understand that this site isn't meant as a site to sell or promote another business, but I need help regarding what insurance companies any of you trust.   I know the type I need would be "liability" insurance but that is all I know.   Hope you can help me out and I appreciate any information you can send my way!

ising_gazer#

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-11-07

Back to top Go down

insurance companies Empty Re: insurance companies

Post by Kris5115 Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:59 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. One way to find out what others have said about insurance companies is to search the forum. My preferred method of searching is from my browser using google. I enter something like this:

site:www.facepaintforum.com insurance

And the results are all of the threads mentioning insurance. Or if you if you add specialty then you will get more results that discuss both insurance and specialty.

site:www.facepaintforum.com insurance specialty

I hope you are able to find the information to help you make a good decision that best fits your needs.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ising_gazer# Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Kris5115,
Thank you for the information! I'll try looking it up that way. It doesn't seem that people want anyone to know who they use as their insurance company. Why?
I found a site recently that listed numerous insurance companies dealing with clowns/entertainment/face painting. Here are a few of many:

Clowns of America Int'l,

World Clown Association

Specialty/Performers of America

I'd like to know if anyone else uses them as their insurance. Are they any good? Dependable? etc.

I'm skeptical about handing over money to a place that's in cyberspace. Instead, I would feel much better going to an actual office, with a well-known company that is established. In any case, I will try your suggestion Kris!

ising_gazer#

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum