Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

market on saturday.. what am i missing?

3 posters

Go down

market on saturday..  what am i missing? Empty market on saturday.. what am i missing?

Post by RainbowBlooms Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:13 pm

Of course being in lovely alberta, i follow those regulations. but feel like i am missing something (other then waiting ont he other half of my splitcake order to come through)

i have brushes, the buckets, the paints, not the sponges (not confident there YET)mirror and even a little somethign for the kids who might get scared or too nervous for it.

i have the chairs... the table. crap i forgot the table. ideas? tips hints? i have to provide my own. and it cant be a big one.

RainbowBlooms
RainbowBlooms

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2016-10-21

Back to top Go down

market on saturday..  what am i missing? Empty Re: market on saturday.. what am i missing?

Post by jlirie Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:44 pm

if you are outside and it is chilly, bring hot water in a large thermos jug, for rinsing, sometimes kids don't like cold paint on their face. use a little at a time in your cup, dump and refill when it gets cold.

picture board or some kind of display to show what designs you offer, and prices.

cotton swabs for lip gloss or paint on lips, can cut them in half for 2 tips, one tip per child, discard.

hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol is great for quickly and neatly cleaning paint off you hands (or disinfecting hands or tools if needed) between kids.
along with paper towels to wipe off hands, table, brush handles, kids faces.

tip jar with fun sign, if allowed.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

market on saturday..  what am i missing? Empty Re: market on saturday.. what am i missing?

Post by RainbowBlooms Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:49 pm

its inside! thank goodness! its too cold here! (its currently snowing)

i have hand sanitizer, and swabs and rubbing alcohol. paper towels, a jug for clean and a jug for used water. table cloth and matching towel.

i am allowed to charge a small amount for this one. we ran it by the organizers for this market. splitting a booth with a friend selling books.

i have signs and business cards. and a small menu board i am finishing up tomorrow. ... i think everything but the table now.

This is all thanks to gleaning off the lovely info you all so helpfully put up on here. THANK YOU!

i just feel like i am missing something.
RainbowBlooms
RainbowBlooms

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:56 pm

you're well prepared!

glitter? must. have. glitter. i prefer dry, glitter gel can smear the paint, unless you are outlining with it.
are you at the stage to do gems yet? usual recommendation is to apply with latex free cosmetic glue, for face painting or prosthetics, or applying false eyelashes.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by RainbowBlooms Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:20 am

glitter is coming with the split cakes. as much as i hate glitter myself.

not at gem stage YET. if i do well with this market, i can take this farther and prepare for birthday season in the spring (and possibly wedding season? a event planner friend of mine is going to offer it and see if any takers)

RainbowBlooms
RainbowBlooms

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Canadian Tire has 4'x2' tables on sale every once in a while. The sale price is $39.99. The table can be raised up to counter height, should you decide to stand to face paint. The table folds, has a soft handle, and is relatively light.
I have been using black fitted king sized sheets as a table cloth for the table, to avoid the corners dragging on the ground, creating a tripping hazard.
Don't forget to bring a garbage bag. I used to use a small, pretty gift bag as my garbage bag. Now, I use a collapsible water bucket from Canadian Tire as my garbage bucket. I put my used sponges in there, too.
xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by RainbowBlooms Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:56 pm

ohhhh the table is on sale price, i guess i know where i am going tomorrow! Thank you!!
RainbowBlooms
RainbowBlooms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum