Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accessing training

4 posters

Go down

Accessing training Empty Accessing training

Post by dizzyizzyfaces Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:46 am

Hi everyone -  confused  I've started face painting but only by word of mouth so far as I'm not confident enough yet. I've learned what I know from youtube only. I know I need some face to face training but want to make sure I get the right type as it seems expensive. Is there a specific qualification I should be trying to gain, a certificate of some kind to say I've trained and am able to be a professional face painter ? I wonder if you know roughly what you'd expect to pay for training too ?
Also if any of you know a good trainer/ training school in the UK ( I live in Yorkshire )
I'd appreciate it.
Thanks - look forward to hearing from you my colourful new friends.  Smile

Regards

Izzy x

dizzyizzyfaces

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Accessing training Empty Re: Accessing training

Post by Kris5115 Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:57 am

YouTube tutorials can be very helpful. They can be used while practicing a design and paused and replayed while you work out the design details.

FABA TV is another option to consider. A subscription allows you to watch longer and more detailed training without having to travel to a convention or pay for face to face training. Check out one of their free monthly classes.

There are threads on this forum where you can post your work either for review/criticism or just for show and tell. There are painting challenge games like Tag! you're it where the tagged person has a couple of days to paint the tagged topic. This is one helpful way to learn and create new designs.

Jams are a more informal way to practice with other face painters in your area. Painters gather at jams to share ideas and practice techniques.

Face to face training at conventions and classes tend to be the most expensive but also can provide specific feedback to you for how you are painting and ways to improve your designs. I hear about training in my area mostly through face painting FaceBook groups.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzyizzyfaces Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Thank you Kris that's really helpful. I find I'm feeling a bit isolated and needed pointing in the right direction. I'll certainly try your advice.
Thanks again.

dizzyizzyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:49 pm

there are a number of good face painters on YouTube who post tutorials on how to paint designs. they each have their own unique styles.

you can search for them on YouTube -
face paint forum (this forum)
lisa joy young
silly heather
olga's face and body art
ulianka's tutorial
sophie's tips
daizydesign
shawna del real
ashley henson (also on snazaroo youtube channel)
amanda moody (on face paint forum channel)
cameron garrett

and these forum members -
jacana face paint
denise cold (painted party)
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzyizzyfaces Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:31 am

Thank you - again really appreciate it

dizzyizzyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura-Lou Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:21 am

In the UK there is the FACE accreditation, which is a test and gives you a 'qualification'. Personally I have looked at sitting the test a couple of times but always decided it isn't worth it.

I've never had someone ask for a qualification for being a 'professional' the standard of your work demonstrates that and your conduct.

However for your confidence having the FACE logo behind you and knowing that you have 'passed' may be worth it, they will also advertise you on their site as they have a list of accredited artists. The level one test looks very simple, I think you have to paint a tiger in under 5 mins, paint a 'white based' face such as a clown or dalmation, and demonstrate a 3 colour blend such as a sunset or a butterfly.

The level 2 involves submitting I think 8 designs from a preset list eg. dog, butterfly, werewolf (random lol).
Laura-Lou
Laura-Lou

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-11-18

http://www.ljfacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down