Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I share victory moments?? Lol

2 posters

Go down

Where can I share victory moments?? Lol Empty Where can I share victory moments?? Lol

Post by PainterGRL Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:35 am

Is there a thread I've missed where we can share things we just want to cheer about? Lol I made my first split cakes today and did two designs I'm really proud of. One in particular I was really happy about. Gonna share here cuz I don't have any face painter friends to cheer with lol.

But seriously, is there a thread???????Where can I share victory moments?? Lol Image12
Where can I share victory moments?? Lol Image14
Where can I share victory moments?? Lol Image13
PainterGRL
PainterGRL

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2016-05-09

https://artistsir.wixsite.com/dynamicdesignsfba

Back to top Go down

Where can I share victory moments?? Lol Empty Re: Where can I share victory moments?? Lol

Post by jlirie Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:36 pm

i think you just started that thread Smile

great colors and shading on the first design, and good placement of details.

the split colors look very pretty on the 2nd design, nicely done starbursts and stars, too.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Where can I share victory moments?? Lol Empty Re: Where can I share victory moments?? Lol

Post by PainterGRL Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:00 pm

Thanks jlirie! Hopefully more will share here. I get a kick out of that "OMG finally it looks decent" moment and I like sharing it cuz I can have a cheering moment and then get honest feedback. Lol my boyfriend is usually my audience but now that I've found this forum I can share with people who KNOW, you know? Lol.
I used some stencils for the stars and then retraced them since they came out a little muddy. I'm dying to own the BAMS set but can't afford it right now. I use cut up stencils from Walmart or Hobby Lobby from the acrylics section (I guess they are meant to stencil walls or something).
PainterGRL
PainterGRL

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2016-05-09

https://artistsir.wixsite.com/dynamicdesignsfba

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:06 pm

lol, people who know, so true. i know what you mean about cost, i have to tell myself i don't need to sample all the colors of all the brands that look good, but i would if i could!

p.s. try using your paint less wet with stencils, to avoid the muddy effect

p.p.s. talking about starting threads made me realize we need one on swatches, so i started it, thanks
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down