Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do stencils go bad?

2 posters

Go down

Do stencils go bad?  Empty Do stencils go bad?

Post by Pinky1249 Sat May 07, 2016 7:22 pm

I had to stop giving glitter tattoos today at a festival I was working. When I pulled the stencil up, the design came with it. It was the oldest thing. I'm not sure if the glue was bad or the stencils were too old. Anyone have this problem? It was a NEW bottle of glimmer art glue. The stencils weren't that old...one was maybe a year old, and one about six months. Any advice? I had to refund money three times! Oh, and it was fairly warm out...my kit was pretty much in direct sunlight. Hubby doesn't think it was that. He says we've worked in hotter weather with no problem. Thanks.
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Do stencils go bad?  Empty Re: Do stencils go bad?

Post by Pinky1249 Mon May 09, 2016 4:35 pm

No one??
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Mon May 09, 2016 7:57 pm

I've had my stencils stick together and become unusable that were on my poster as examples. I think it might be exposure. Sounds like yours were fairly new though. But yes, I would get them out of the sunlight just in case.
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinky1249 Tue May 10, 2016 1:25 pm

Thanks for answering Denise. I thought about contacting the folks I buy my stencils from.
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum