Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradise Prisma: moulding!!

5 posters

Go down

Paradise Prisma: moulding!! Empty Paradise Prisma: moulding!!

Post by Mellygee911 Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi all!

Just thought I'd poke my head in and report on a rather strange occurrence in my kit. I went to use a lesser-used Prisma cake the other day, to see firm green mould on the surface. I store all of my paints uncovered, clean paints after use, and nothing else was showing any indication of mould.

Any idea WTF happened here? This cake was NOT moist, I'm in a cold, dry area!
Mellygee911
Mellygee911

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2014-02-12

http://Www.busybeesparties.ca

Back to top Go down

Paradise Prisma: moulding!! Empty Re: Paradise Prisma: moulding!!

Post by jlirie Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:19 am

eww. paradise has a lot of botanical ingredients, i.e. food for fungus! maybe the antimicrobial ingredients (BHT, disodium EDTA) didn't do their job properly.

i'd ask the company for a replacement.

Paradise by Mehron

INGREDIENTS: Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, PEG-8, PEG-75, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lauryl Glucocide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Bis-PEG-15 Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Leaf/Stem Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), BHT, Tris (Tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) Citrate, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl p-Cresol, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Ultramarines (CI77007), Iron oxides (CI77489), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI77288), FD&C Blue 1 (CI42090), D&C Black 2 (CI77266), D&C Red 7 Lake (CI15850), D&C Red 33 Lake (CI17200), D&C Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140), Mica (CI77019), Talc, Calcium Carbonate.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mellygee911 Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:42 am

Yeah... I don't think I'll be asking for a replacement, simply because I know now there's the potential for bacterial growth. I mean the mould is visible, but what's skittering around on my other paints that ISN'T visible?

Even though I love the creaminess and the smell, I may need to drop paradise alltogether.
Mellygee911
Mellygee911

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2014-02-12

http://Www.busybeesparties.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:08 pm

well, the antibacterial ingredients in face paint brands and cosmetics should prevent it, unless the paint got something else organic on it and was in a moldy environment.

i've used the paradise brilliant palette to practice with for over a year without any trouble.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:48 pm

sounds like they messed up on the formula. i don't use paradise for SO many reasons lol. 

but if mold has you concerned, one thing you can do is after each gig give them a misting of 70 or 99% iso. It's enough to dry them out and kill most things left over on them without wrecking them.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by LucciPucci Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:49 am

Forest-Fairy, could you share some of your objections to Paradise? I'm new and haven't invested any money in a kit yet. Been researching like mad. One thing I will say, is from seeing that ingredient list, I worry about the intense chemical exposure.

LucciPucci

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Dear LucciPucci:
If you research each chemical name, you will find the reason for them, and they are either mould growth inhibitors, or chelating agents to ameliorate pigment.

The reason I use Paradise sparingly is the stench of fake smelling coconut. I adore coconut. The smell that comes out of a freshly opened Paradise face paint makes my eyes run copiously and I feel nauseous.

I like using it once it has been opened and allowed to off-gas for 4-6 weeks.
I find I can use FAB or SuperStar and it has the same glycerin blendability, and opacity. And, I do not have to allow it to air out!
xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by LucciPucci Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Thank you, fesspenter. Just starting out, I want no perfumes and as few chemical exposures to myself and to children as possible. If it needs to off-gas like that, it's definitely not for me.

I just bought Global white and their dark black to try. If they are good, I'll build my kit from their products. They seem to have the least offensive ingredients.

LucciPucci

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:40 pm

My oldest used to have seizures from food colouring.
When I first started face painting, there were so many colours I reacted to. Now, there is a whole new world of face paint out there that is so fabulous.
All chemicals are not bad.
Some chemicals are really bad.
I love Global, too.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down