Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Website Opinions

4 posters

Go down

Website Opinions Empty Website Opinions

Post by Sharaak Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:46 am

Hey all,

I have just opened my business and am looking for ways to improve upon my advertising. I was wondering if you would take a look at my webpage and let me know if there is anything I can do to make it look any better.

Regards,
Andrew.

Sharaak

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-09-04

http://www.vale-art.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Website Opinions Empty Re: Website Opinions

Post by Staley Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:15 am

I don't see a link to it.

Staley

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:35 am

the little globe symbol under the avatar is the link Smile
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:44 am

nice design and lots of photos right at the top, that's good. immediately shows people what you do Very Happy

i would suggest a few thing about the photos -
identify them as your gallery, so people know they can click on them to view,

make them open larger so people can really see the details,

have the option to swipe or scroll through all of them once you click on one photo.

also, maybe put the info about yourself higher up on the home page, in large font, with contact info clearly visible.

so people can find out who you are right away, and book you for an event.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Staley Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:27 am

I agree with jlirie. I will add that when looking at it on my phone there are 4 images on the home page that are much larger than the column where everything else is so I cannot see them unless I shrink the page, then I must zoom back to see the font clearly. I have not checked from my computer yet. My guess is that it is not a problem there.

Staley

Back to top Go down

Post by Staley Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:42 am

Responsive sites are nice because they adjust to each device.  Unfortunately my facepaint page is being hosted with my photography page and there is a glitch right now.  But because of the glitch you can see the difference on your phone.  If you go to  Staley Wessel Photography scroll to the bottom and click on the pinwheel it should go to the face painting page that adjusts on the phone so the font is not super small etc.  The page rearranges it's self.  If you go to PinwheelPainting it looks like it does on a computer screen.  I have to figure out why but in the meantime you can see what difference there is in a responsive site.  Please don't judge my content.  We never remember to take photos and I kept the pahe basic while working on it.

Staley

Back to top Go down

Website Opinions Empty Website change

Post by Sharaak Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:24 am

Thank you all for your comments they are really helping my website shine now....Would ytou mind checking it again please and posting your comments as I have now adjusted it to the new HTML 5 (Almost all of it) and its now mobile friendly.

All comments are appreciated Smile

Thank you.
Andrew.

Sharaak

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:10 pm

hey andrew, so when people on the forum ask for feedback on their website, i look at the website with this in mind "would this website inspire me to hire this person to do face painting?"

the things that would do that are -
colorful, easy to read and navigate website (yours looks professional, but a bit spare),
professional looking, and no typos or grammatical errors (!),
good sized, well lit, focused, colorful photos of good quality work (your photos meet most of these, lighting and focus could be improved),
contact info right up front and easy to use (like your form, except form is dark and hard to read),
info that the person uses professional face painting supplies and cleanliness practices,
and rates and areas served,
info about experience and training in face painting can be included, but the photos show the level the person is at.

also, i tend to think it is better to have only face painting and related entertainment services together, and other creative services offered on a separate website, just my preference.

so i might suggest reviewing your website with the same eye and seeing what you might add and subtract to get the final result you want.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaak Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Just going off your points and asking some further questions if thats ok.

May I ask if you are looking at my site via a computer or mobile phone please? My site has been modified to work on mobiles so will appear a little spare on huge pc monitors.

You put a (!) after grammatical errors. Did you find any?

I think the lighting and focus is just down to my EXCELLENT (haha) photography skills

Would you mind checking the form again please? Smile

I think that would be it for now. Thanks again Smile x

Sharaak

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Your work is nice. I really like the window paintings too. I think you have a good start on your website.

I was looking at your website from my computer. I noticed the gallery is "uncategorized" and my computer is set to prevent uncategorized pages from opening.

I think it would be helpful to have your contact info and service area more obvious. I had to scroll down to it or click to another page to find it. If I were just googling for a face painter, it would take way to much effort to see if you would even work in my area.

Though I didn't look at your page for very long, I peeked at each tab I could open. You have one about you but never introduce yourself. If you are going to tell about yourself, consider including your name.

If I were going to hire a face painter, I would want to know that they follow safety standards and use professional products. I would note this especially for artists who also use craft paint for other art. I would want to be sure that a face painter I hired isn't using the same paints on my children and their friends. You may also want to indicate that you are insured.

In your little prices picture I see rates for areas presumable near you but I don't know what is included in that price. Can you paint 50 kids in an hour or only 8? What are the going rates for others in your general area? Are you similarly priced?

Toward the bottom of the main page you mention painting Christmas windows. Since it is late February, maybe update this section to be more current.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaak Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Hey Kris I have sent you a PM. Thank you Smile

Sharaak

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:33 pm

my first look was on my blackberry phone, which has a smaller screen than the newer samsungs and iphones. just now i'm looking at in on my 7" tablet which is better - i can see the whole page and the photos look better. and i like your intro on the home page Smile

the contact form still appears quite dark, though.

sorry about "ranting" about typos or grammatical errors, lol, i actually didn't see any the first time, although i hadn't read every word. this time i noticed several at the bottom of the page next to the purple unicorn mask - comma needed after "couple of weeks". a couple "im" need an apostrophe, "aswell" needs a space, and a lone parenthesis after your mobile # on the contact page, is that supposed to be there? and i am well versed in "typo" myself, it's the bane of communicating electronically.

this time it seemed the text is rather small on the site, i am thinking about ease of reading and accessibility for people who may not have the keenest eyesight, or may have some vision loss.

good idea to put your reviews on there, too, especially the nice one you got.

p.s. i see you do the spiky tribal batman mask, i have that one in my repertoire, too.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharaak Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:01 am

Hi Jllrie,

I have changed the font on the form to white so I cant really get any lighter im afraid thats going to havce to stay as is for now.

Dont mind the ranting want my site to have no errors so you grammar police away as much as you like Smile Should be all sorted now Smile

Nothing I can do with the font really as I have made it as big as possible as its massive on phones as is. However users do have the ability to zoom in if they need to on tabs and phones.

Yeah loved that review!

I know I found it and thought I could spice it up a little more but still havtn nailed it quite yet :S getting there though.

Thank you for your help so far!!

Sharaak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum