Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contract/Payment Routine?

Go down

Contract/Payment Routine? Empty Contract/Payment Routine?

Post by Flying Laughter Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:56 am

Once someone has inquired about your rates, asked all their questions, the date is available and all you need is to get a signed contract and deposit to reserve their date and time...

How do you handle the contract and deposit?

Do you email a pdf and they print it out, fill it out, scan it and email it back?
Do they snail mail it back?
Do you use an online contract widget/system to allow digital signatures?
Instead of emailing them a contract, do you have it available as a download on your site?

Do you accept deposits via Paypal?
If not, is there a better option for accepting credit card or debit card payments?
Do you send an invoice or do you have a Paypal payment button on your site?
If you use Paypal, do you use a business account instead of a regular account?
If so, what are the benefits of doing so?

If they wish to pay via credit card for the remainder of the payment (instead of cash on site the day of), do you send an invoice via Paypal?

Sorry for all the questions. I searched through all the forums and none very much info (that I could find).

Thanks!
Flying Laughter
Flying Laughter

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2012-01-04

http://flyinglaughter.com/

Back to top Go down

Contract/Payment Routine? Empty Re: Contract/Payment Routine?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:13 am

I do up my "letter of agreement"/contract. Send them a PDF which they can print/sign and scan to email back, or snail mail back with any required deposit.

I accept deposits by cheque or email. I do not accept credit cards.

I provide an invoice/receipt on the day of event. Balance of payment from individuals is cash or confirmed email only, cheques accepted from corporate clients.

With some corporate clients I send the invoice in advance so they can have the cheque ready.

Back to top Go down