Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help me shop for paint and brushes, I need your input :)

3 posters

Go down

Please help me shop for paint and brushes, I need your input :) Empty Please help me shop for paint and brushes, I need your input :)

Post by Inca Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:32 am

Heya!
I'm feeling confused, I'm trying to shop for new paints for my kit.
Can anyone tell me about "global", "superstar" "kryvaline" and "PX" paints? What will you compare them to? Are these creamy/wax based?
Also, shopping for brushes, which ones are your favorite?
Inca
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Please help me shop for paint and brushes, I need your input :) Empty Re: Please help me shop for paint and brushes, I need your input :)

Post by Forest-Fairy Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:52 pm

I always recomend a wax based paint. Which one you choose is all up to you. My main brand is TAG, but I also have some DFX, Global, kryvaline, and some SillyFarm Rainbow Cakes, in my kit.

I even have some StarBlends, and 1 Paradise Metallic Green in my kit. Some brands have colors that just look better or work better for certain things, so don't get to married to a single brand.

The main reason I use tag is because i like the consistency and the containers better, and it's a bit more cost effective then DFX or Wolfe for my main color pallet.

As for brushes, I totally have my favorites that I swear by.
You can read about them here:
My 5 Favorite Things From My Face Painting Kit

Also this write up should help as well:
6 Tips To Pick The Best Brushes For Face Painting

and if you are a real keener, there is also this
The 3 Basics of Paint Brushes

Hope this helps!
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Please help me shop for paint and brushes, I need your input :) Empty Re: Please help me shop for paint and brushes, I need your input :)

Post by Maxell Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:21 pm

www.brushesandmore.com

great prices, get the 795
Maxell
Maxell

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2013-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down