Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kryvaline - Review?

5 posters

Go down

Kryvaline - Review? Empty Kryvaline - Review?

Post by bellia_michlexis Wed May 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi All,

I have literally only seen 3 reviews about Kryvaline (two on here and Lisa Joy Young's [LJY] review on youtube).

I wanted to see if anyone else is using Kryvaline and what their experiences are with it.

LJY always has crazy bright and vibrant art on her youtube channel and I know she uses Kryvaline exclusively. It's also not bad as far as price.

If you have any reviews, I'd love to hear them.

Thank you! =)

bellia_michlexis

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Kryvaline - Review? Empty Re: Kryvaline - Review?

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 8:50 pm

It is another "private label" brand from the same Chinese (Taiwan) factory that makes Wolfe, DFX, TAG, Cameleon, etc.

I haven't used it as I've got some Wolfe, DFX and TAG on hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes Wed May 13, 2015 11:21 pm

I've got an order of some, so I'll do some work with it, and take some pictures and maybe some swatches Very Happy Cus Joy Young made it IMPOSSIBLE to say no to the fairy dust cake. Impossible!
PaintedWingsandWishes
PaintedWingsandWishes

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pattyofurniture Wed May 13, 2015 11:46 pm

I've only swatched them so far, but I bought the bright tiger and beach.  Love them both.  I've went through a bunch of tiger cakes and have never truly been happy with them.  I'm thinking I finally have a winner.  
Like has been said, they are very similar to tag and dfx.  The once I used them seemed very smooth and easy to load onto the sponge and colors stayed vibrant until I washed them off eight hours later. Very nice.
pattyofurniture
pattyofurniture

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bellia_michlexis Thu May 14, 2015 12:43 am

I've heard that too. That they're all from the same manufacturing base. Pricing wise kryvaline is a tad inexpensive.

And yes. LJY makes it impossible to not love the fairy dust cake.

Hubby is giving me a $250 limit to face painting supplies so I'm waiting out for a coupon and doing research in the meantime

Off topic. It is so intimidating to be in the same forum as you guys. Your work and expertise is just.... I literally trolled through all of forest fairy's blog posts. Its all so interesting. I started off volunteering to facepaint only a few months ago at one of my daughters school fundraisers. I youtubed the whole week after they asked me to help and I've been hooked ever since. Its nice to have a place to talk to others the way you all do. Hoping to perfect the tear drops and thin tothick to thin lines so I can be confident enough to create.

bellia_michlexis

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters Fri May 15, 2015 12:07 pm

bellia_michlexis wrote:Off topic. It is so intimidating to be in the same forum as you guys. 

Don't be too intimidated... the experience and range of skill in this forum is vast - from beginner to seasoned professional!  But we're all awesome Razz
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes Sat May 16, 2015 5:42 am

Ok so I finally got my swatches in order....

Here are the paints that I bought:
Kryvaline regular: RED, WHITE
Kryvaline creamy: Phthalocyanine Blue, Pearly Bright Blue, Light Magenta, Light Purple, Pearly Apple Green
CAKE: Fairy Dust
Kryvaline - Review? Dsc_0211

Just so you know, THEY DO WASH OFF!! WOOOO! With water only you just get the red and bright blue kinda looking like they want to stain but add soap and they are gone.

Swatch Colors going top to bottom:
RED-Overall nice, Pretty bright and might photograph a bit orangey in flash light
Light Magenta-Pretty true to color on skin, it worked out really well for line and base work even though its creamy line
Pearly Apple Green- Very sheer when you brush it, it's like a greenish tinted gold
Pearly Bright Blue-Yes you can brush it, but it might need two coats to be opac, BEAUTIFUL COLOR!!!! <3 <3 <3
Light Purple-It's not light, it's purple, even a hint of darkish purple, great outlining
Phthalocyanine Blue-It does have purple shimmer in cake, but it is absolutely a dark dark blue barely any purple shimer specially when brushed on
WHITE- its white, lol but I will say that I'm not too pleased with it, it feels like my DFX white lasts a lot longer on the brush and not very suitable for line work, base work yes, but lines will look very dry and I have worked the cake
CAKE: Fairy Dust- <3 Love this but it reminds me of a bit more opac pearly unicorn, doesn't brush very well and I thought the white would have been more sheer which I was looking forward to
Kryvaline - Review? Dsc_0213

I really like it, and I think now that we have it available I will be using these a lot more often as a staple in my kit. The dry times are pretty quick and I really love that for working large group events. A minute or two and I'm almost ready to be painting over. Different colors no matter if it is creamy or regular will be used as only line, only base, or luckily both. The pearly are MOST DEFINITELY SHEER!! But beautiful. Hope this helps! Very Happy
PaintedWingsandWishes
PaintedWingsandWishes

Back to top Go down

Post by tronnor21 Sat May 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Thanks for the swatches PaintedWingsandWishes. I always like to see how paints look on skin. Do the pearls sponge more true to color, especially the green? That golden color was not what I was expecting lol. Still looks pretty though!
tronnor21
tronnor21

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-11-30

http://taylormclean.wix.com/facepainting

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintedWingsandWishes Mon May 18, 2015 2:12 am

Yea they do a better job when sponged, it does have hints of gold but it comes out more greener in a large amount. Very beautiful. Once finals are over I'll have more time for examples Smile Lit class is kicking my hindquarters!! >_<
PaintedWingsandWishes
PaintedWingsandWishes

Back to top Go down

Post by tronnor21 Mon May 18, 2015 3:04 am

Yeah I feel for you! Lit class was one of my least favorites. I love reading literature books, and I don't even mind analyzing them, but I hate hate hate writing papers!
tronnor21
tronnor21

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2014-11-30

http://taylormclean.wix.com/facepainting

Back to top Go down

Post by bellia_michlexis Mon May 18, 2015 12:04 pm

PaintedWingsandWishes, You are awesome! Thank you for the swatches and the review. the colors are beautiful. I see what you mean about the white. I don't think I can ever deviate from wolfe black and white.. there is no comparison when you want something opaque.

again thank you so much. Good luck with Finals!

bellia_michlexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down