Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRICING QUESTION !!! ASAP!!

+3
anniel
Tineke
catseyefacepainting
7 posters

Go down

PRICING QUESTION !!! ASAP!! Empty PRICING QUESTION !!! ASAP!!

Post by catseyefacepainting Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:28 pm

I've set up my ppf prices, and I've set up 2 different options for birthday parties $70 for 1 hour (approx 10 kids), then $90 for 1.5 hours (approx 16 kids), but I've had 2 people email me today about a birthday party with 25 kids! I don't know what to say! Other than it will take about 2.5, obviously depending on what each child wants!

And I'm pretty happy with my prices so far because I'm just under what a lot of other face painters in my city charge, or a LOT under. I do follow all the regulations for a face painter, but am not insured (but am looking into it!) Very Happy
catseyefacepainting
catseyefacepainting

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-03-26

Back to top Go down

PRICING QUESTION !!! ASAP!! Empty Re: PRICING QUESTION !!! ASAP!!

Post by Tineke Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Personally, I don't do half hours and don't step out of my front door for 1 hour...
Minimum booking is 2 hours, whether there are 5 kids or 20. Time starts ticking when I start painting, and they can book additional hours on the spot IF I don't have a gig right after (well... and if I feel like painting the additional hours)
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catseyefacepainting Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:58 pm

I know i'm definitely going to keep my 1 hr, although its harder for me because i have to take the bus everywhere, but I think i need to keep them. But getting rid of the half hour options might be good, it just makes for weird pricing i think!
catseyefacepainting
catseyefacepainting

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:59 pm

I think doing the math, you answered yourself...Remember that you don't want to lower the market in your area--you are going to want to network & build a relationship with a lot of those painters you just looked at as competition. (And you will find as you add your insurance in, FP costs your gas, your training time, your supplies, your insurance, wear & tear on your vehicle & your nerves, equipment, every holiday you give up to paint, etc.) Those people in your area that charge a lot more, worked their tushies off to get there (& are probably on this forum).
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Agreed, get rid of the half hour, at least publicly. I very rarely make the acceptation to do half hours after an hour or more booking. Usually I only offer then for private parties who are booking 2+ hours. I NEVER do an hour an a half, it's only after 2 hours the option even comes up, and then the client has to bring it up. Public events i charge by the hour min 2 hours.

I'll do the one hour parties, as they are the most popular, most parties average around 8-12 kids, and parties are generally short any way. 

But much in the same way Tineke doesn't leave the house for less then 2 hours or work; I don't leave the house for less then $100. My first hour is $125 and each hour after is $75. Discount built right in. For public events it's $100/hr 2/hr minimum bookings.

As for calulating your fees, this is really helpful.

PRICING QUESTION !!! ASAP!! 10470571_1007582022604468_6077292907064127644_n

Never forget, we are a highly specialized IN HOME SERVICE, meaning we come to the client. N' that aint cheap. Very Happy
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by momtotwol1s Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:24 pm

So someone fairly new, and just getting started how would you base your prices?

momtotwol1s

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by EnchantedFacesbyDalton Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:00 pm

I would base your prices off the other face painters in your area. Be competitive and know your clients.

Don't undercut your other face painters to where you are undervaluing face painting in itself, because it would be harder to increase the value to it.

You don't want to be in a bidding war, because no one wins. Overall, like they said, before just coming up with a price, you have to take the value of everything, paints, gas, your personal time, and other things that go into making your business what it is

Good Luck!
EnchantedFacesbyDalton
EnchantedFacesbyDalton

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-09-30

http://www.enchantedfacesbydalton.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:14 pm

I designed an excel spreadsheet years ago to calculate a cost for face painting.

You can find the link in this blog post which discusses the process.

https://shannonfennell.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/business-tips-for-face-painters-body-artists-and-make-up-artists-7-setting-your-rates/

Back to top Go down

Post by Talie Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:39 am

I don't do the 1 hour gigs, unless they pay the minimum price (2hr). I find my time during weekend and holidays to precious; Sometimes you're off or busy half a day for a 1-hour paint.
Talie
Talie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down