Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global Colours Safety

4 posters

Go down

Global Colours Safety Empty Global Colours Safety

Post by DSFacePainter Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:26 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry if this is a repeat but I couldn't find it when I searched. I just received the Global Colours One Stroke Mexico. On the website it said you could use it on skin; however, when I read the package, it says "Prosthetic Paint. Not for Cosmetic Use". Has anyone tried it? Is it safe to use on skin or did I receive the wrong one? I tried emailing the website where I ordered it but, it's been over a week and I haven't received an answer yet.

DSFacePainter
DSFacePainter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-10-19

http://www.dawnsmithfacepainting.vpweb.com

Back to top Go down

Global Colours Safety Empty Re: Global Colours Safety

Post by jlirie Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:18 am

not sure why it would say that, but maybe someone else knows.

in the meantime, here is the list of ingredients from the msds (material safety data sheet, a standard info form used for all chemicals and compounds). link to a website with the whole msds -

http://www.facepaintworld.com.au/msds/

global face paint has the same types of ingredients as most other face and body paints -

SECTION 3. COMPOSITION / INFORMATION ON INGREDIENT Chemical CAS Number

Water 7732-18-5
Calcium Carbonate 471-34-1
Acacia Senegal Gum 9000-01-5
Glycerin 56-81-5
Methyl Paraben 99-76-3

May contain: Iron Oxides CI77491, Titanium Dioxide CI77891, FD&C Yellow 5 CI19140, FD&C Red 40 CI16035, FD&C Blue 1 CI42090 Mica CI77019, and Non Toxic Fluorescent Pigments.

Manufactured with FDA approved ingredients. Conforms to ASTM D4236, USP 61 Microbial limits tests, US California Prop 65 and CE-EN71 part 3: 1994.
All ingredients in this preparation are listed in the Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances (AICS).
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:33 am

There were several brands that carried/carry that label - it is a "cover their naughty word" label.  As some of the ingredients may not be approved for cosmetic use in all countries they put that label on them.

It doesn't mean the products isn't safe, it just means that some countries/jurisdictions haven't approved all of the ingredients.  There is a big difference between the EU and US, etc.

BUT, the issue for me is that if the product has that label and I use it on someone, who then has a reaction - my insurance would be voided.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:15 pm

What Shannon said. You get the same kind of crap with some florescent colors that say "For hair and special FX", it's totally just to cover their a$$ and also be able to sell in more countries, but independent studies have shown no harmful reactions from them.

Your only worry is as Shannon said, your insurance would be void on the off chance someone reacted AND they choose to sue you. But honestly that's like winning the lottery twice in it's likelihood of happening. So you gotta make a judgement call on that on your own.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:12 pm

then it would be because the global colours "mexico" cake has fluorescent orange in it.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DSFacePainter Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Thank you all for the information! I think I'll keep this one for myself to practice and stick with other brands for events.
DSFacePainter
DSFacePainter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-10-19

http://www.dawnsmithfacepainting.vpweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LucciPucci Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:22 am

By the way, Global has removed parabens from their product.

LucciPucci

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down