Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealing with pre existing skin conditions

5 posters

Go down

Dealing with pre existing skin conditions Empty Dealing with pre existing skin conditions

Post by Joyous Occasion Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:51 am

When someone has a case of open sores, warts, pimples, craters from having previous removed pimples, or anything you can think of... how do you work around it?

Lets face it, some clients have unrealistic expectations or don't care if their face is a bit bumpy. Wink

Please share your stories or ideas on the topic.
Joyous Occasion
Joyous Occasion

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Dealing with pre existing skin conditions Empty Re: Dealing with pre existing skin conditions

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:55 am

My disclaimer states:

"For sanitary reasons we will not and cannot paint anyone who is, or appears to be, sick (runny nose, cough, rash, etc.) or suffering from cold sores, conjunctivitis (pink eye), rashes, infections, skin conditions or open wounds."

And I will tell them I can't paint them if they still end up in the chair. I'm not risking contaminating my kit.

Back to top Go down

Dealing with pre existing skin conditions Empty Re: Dealing with pre existing skin conditions

Post by jlirie Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:15 am

you can offer to paint on their shoulder or arm instead, if their arm is ok.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilmoonflower Sat May 02, 2015 12:43 pm

My tween is going through the pimple stage. I am honestly weary of painting her face lest I exacerbate the acne. (She doesn't like her face painted though)

How does one tell a client tactfully they can't paint them? I would worry about hurting a teens feelings..
aprilmoonflower
aprilmoonflower

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sat May 02, 2015 1:08 pm

how about bringing along a couple sets of brushes and sponges just for that? use one set for each person that might have acne.

load paint once, so you don't contaminate your cakes with the acne bacteria, then set the used brushes/sponges aside until you take them home and clean/disinfect.

acne isn't in the same category as a contagious infection, everyone has the bacteria on their skin that causes acne. for infections, etc, as shannon mentioned, no painting on the face.
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:15 pm

I stress painting the arm instead.

For teens with acne, I tell them I don't want to risk making it worse. If they don't take the hint, i have to tell them that I can't. :/ 

My sign also has a disclaimer that says I can't paint over open sores etc.

One time I did paint a kid that had TERRIBLE acne... he wanted to be Gene Simmons... I felt so bad for him I couldn't say no. So i picked a brush that i could use and wouldn't use again until it was properly cleaned at home, and a sponge. With NO double dipping I put on the white base in one go... 2 of his pimples popped while I was applying the white and blood came out and made he forehead a tiny bit pink. He didn't seem to notice. It was so gross, and i was regretting my decision to do this. After the black was on I discretely put the brush i used away in my kit, and threw out the sponge. I showed him in the mirror and he was over the moon. Total transformation. That made up for it a bit, but still I'm never doing that again - it was too nasty.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:20 pm

Love your soft heart, FF.

I usually explain I don't want to give them a permanent tattoo, so how about if we...and redirect it. That way if any parents try to push me int it, they back down. I don'y honestly know if it would, but neither do they..hehe.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down