Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to wear for an Easter Face Painting gig

4 posters

Go down

What to wear for an Easter Face Painting gig Empty What to wear for an Easter Face Painting gig

Post by cookngal Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi All,
I have an Easter face painting job coming up this weekend at a post country club sub-division. The organizer has requested that we "dress festively." Any suggestions. I'm on a very tight budget and have no time to shop what with my 12-hour day job. Please help. Thanks in advance.

cookngal

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

What to wear for an Easter Face Painting gig Empty Re: What to wear for an Easter Face Painting gig

Post by cookngal Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Sorry, that was supposed to be POSH not post. Typing to fast.

cookngal

Back to top Go down

What to wear for an Easter Face Painting gig Empty Re: What to wear for an Easter Face Painting gig

Post by jlirie Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:51 pm

oh, i guess the Big Bird costume won't do Razz
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:57 pm

how about white dress blouse, black or solid color dress skirt or pants, and accent with one or more floral print accessories - jacket, vest, shawl, scarf, etc? plus appropriate jewelry.

wear something washable that you don't mind getting stained, you will likely get paint stains somewhere. you might want to grab a few minutes and get stuff at a thrift store, so you don't ruin your good clothes.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:40 pm

Black pants & shoes & a pastel top…maybe some Bunny or easter egg jewelry?
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:43 pm

that sounds pretty Smile
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:21 am

This doesn't work EVERYWHERE, say at a few posh places on Palm Beach, but I have those furry bunny ears on a headband.
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 am

i think if you looked dressy, and wore the bunny ears, it would be a hoot. even "posh" people should have a sense of humor, i would hope.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by cookngal Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Actually, I DO have bunny ears and have worn them before at Easter gigs.  Just wasn't sure about the rest of it.  Usually, I wear a black tee, black pants and a black apron.  Just call me "Ms. Johnny Cash!"  Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

cookngal

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:38 pm

let us know how it goes Smile
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Pastels are your friend.

I go for a lilac purple top, light blue skirt, and a blue/purple head band bow with a bunny jewel in the middle. Aryn wears light blue, a bowtie with an easter egg middle, and a black top hat with bunny ears. We also have an Easter themed table cloth and white bunny themed chair backs for the chairs.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:01 am

Cookngal, how did your gig go? Please let us know. I find that around here, Easter is as busy for me as Christmas! In addition to year round residents & snow-birds w/visiting grandkids, we tend to have annual gigs at 4 & 5 star hotels & country clubs. Since many states have spring break, there are a lot of families on warm, beach vacation & these venues have events for their clients. Only one has recently "requested" a dress code: (white golf shirt, black pants & certain colored apron). My local painty friends & I help each other out during this busy season, teaming up. Since we arrive wearing different clothes, this recent request was an attempt to have a more "uniform look". None of our other venues were that particular. Spring & pastels just go together.
Some of the events are inside, but most are outside carnivals…such a blessing to live in Florida, especially THIS year!
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:33 am

We wear bright springlike colours, some wear ears (I try but they get in the way when I am painting) and some paint our faces with the design.

Here is a photo of how my crew dressed for an Easter gig a couple years back.

https://www.facebook.com/ShannonFennell.MakeUp/photos/a.532816920105908.1073741825.191063437614593/532826280104972/?type=3&theater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum