Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm pregnant. when did you stop work?

5 posters

Go down

I'm pregnant. when did you stop work? Empty I'm pregnant. when did you stop work?

Post by bubbleblossom Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:25 am

Well...gigantic surprise... Took a pregnancy test today to find out I am pregnant with our 3rd child!!!!
Excited and terrified at the same time.

Anyways... Im probably only 4 weeks along at the moment and we'll able to face paint. But just wondering other painters who have been pregnant before... When did you stop doing jobs? Or did you cope all the way through?

I'm in good health. Not overweight and no physical health problems... But my body is very good at being prggo lol. I will show early. I will likely have a whale of a tummy early. I'm thinking the sore back factor may come into play and not being able to lean over anymore at some point hahaha. Also, when did you jump back into it?

Just curious how others went. I wasn't doing face painting during my other pregnancies so I'm not sure what to expect.... Except having to hold in my pee for ages on the job... Not looking forward to that!!
bubbleblossom
bubbleblossom

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-11-14

http://www.unrealkidsparties.com.au

Back to top Go down

I'm pregnant. when did you stop work? Empty Re: I'm pregnant. when did you stop work?

Post by jlirie Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:48 am

congratulations!

hey, you can paint you own belly, and use it to promote belly painting to other moms-to-be Very Happy
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

I'm pregnant. when did you stop work? Empty Re: I'm pregnant. when did you stop work?

Post by anniel Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Quitting caffeinne (I know, I know) and extra vitamin E will help bladder control. Good shoes (like Sketcher Shape-ups---stand rather than sit--so you MOVE while working (protection against varicose veins). oh, and definitely minimize your kit for carrying. Make sure you have that client provides weather cover & table in your contract.

If you have fast labors, plan to work close to home at the end & keep your hospital bag in the car. What little girl wouldn't want her face painter's child born on her birthday?? (JK)

Face Painting gives you a break from housework & kiddos...hehe!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Congradulations!

No experience on this one lol.

I didn't even think about having to hold your pee. Razz first thing that came to mind was heavy lifting.

Good luck with everything!
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMonsters Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Being a male, I can't really give too much advice (other than booking shorter hours, not booking too far in advance, etc) but do want to say Congrats to you! ^_^
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down