Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quote for Shopping Center Contract

4 posters

Go down

Quote for Shopping Center Contract Empty Quote for Shopping Center Contract

Post by MariasFF&BA Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:14 pm

I have never been asked to give a quote to shopping center to be their annual vendor and have no idea where to even start. What kind of a discount do I give for that? I have a bunch of questions to ask like do they provide a tent and a line manager, what about cancellations or postponements, how many events, ect. But what to actually quote I'm not sure. My usual are 100.00 per hour so is 80.00 per hour per painter when they may have my 2-3 painters at events 4x year, is that reasonable or is it too much?

ALL input is GREATLY appreciated!!!

MariasFF&BA

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Quote for Shopping Center Contract Empty Re: Quote for Shopping Center Contract

Post by fesspenter Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:34 pm

Dear MariasFF&BA:
You do not have your location in your Profile, above. Different regions charge different rates. This Forum has visitors from all over the world. You can get a more informative answer if you give your general location.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:14 pm

I do annual events at shopping malls. I don't generally give discounts. For large events I bring all my own stuff for my public event price of $100/hr (min 2 hrs) including a line manager for events lasting 4+ hrs.

I give discounts to weekend gigs after a certain amount of hours booked for consecutive days. Or i offer a discount after 5 hours booked in a single day. 

Malls can afford it, don't give them a discount.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 pm

"Annual artist" is a HUGE maybe, like until your contact of the moment quits, gets fired/promoted, moves away, gets sick or dies.

Listen to FF.

(Now, if the mall wants to hire you on a weekly/monthly basis for the next year-- that is an "annual contract" I will discuss terms on.)
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down