Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

customer conversation ideas?

5 posters

Go down

customer conversation ideas? Empty customer conversation ideas?

Post by Brendasfacepainting Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:04 am

I've found myself getting a little bored at parties while I'm painting, and wonder about how you've found connection with whoever's in your chair? Of course at some point it's not great to have them talking (I always think of the dentist's office), but sometimes the silence feels awkward and lonely to me. Mostly I paint kids, and I do like kids. Honestly, this sometimes comes up with adults too. Do you have particular things you talk about, or games you play or anything?
Brendasfacepainting
Brendasfacepainting

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-07-22

http://www.brendasfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

customer conversation ideas? Empty Re: customer conversation ideas?

Post by pattyofurniture Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:06 am

I usually just talk through the design.
"Okay, so I'm going to start at the top of your forehead and move down to your nose."  "Now we've got to make the butterfly wing."  "How about a pretty spiral here."  "And some teardrops here."  
....that kind of thing.   They can try to visualize what you are doing and makes them not as worried to where you'll paint next.
pattyofurniture
pattyofurniture

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris5115 Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:43 am

Wow you look so pretty/handsome today. I love the design you picked out. It is one of my favorites. I think this color will look great with your outfit/costume. You are holding so still, this design is sure going to look great on you! Can you believe it is almost Christmas! I just love Christmas and plan to make some cookies this weekend. etc. Just small talk stuff. Mostly I try to make positive comments and not ask too many questions because then the kid starts talking.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:49 am

Why do you need to converse with them? scratch

I greet them as they get in the chair, ask them what they want and get to work. It is only a few minutes.

I don't feel the need to talk while I work and my resting bitch face keeps them still.

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:52 am

i tend to do a bit of small talk, since i am an adult stranger to them, and i am about to get close up to their face. that way they know i'm friendly.

usually start with the obvious hi and ask them what they want, what colors.  i also find it helps to talk through the design, especially for little kids.  helps them know what comes next, when to close their eyes, and when you are almost done, if they are wigglers.

at outside events, i often get a chance to announce that i paint hair too, when the wind inevitably blows strands of their hair into the design as i'm painting Smile

Last edited by jlirie on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:02 pm

I am thinking that it may speed up my process if I hire Shannon, at her regular hourly rate, to sit in the sight line of my client to see her "resting bitch face".

xoxoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendasfacepainting Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Yup, talking through the design is good. And being positive. Or bitchy pirat Smile I find I get very affected by background music, so when I'm at festivals with good tunes I'm really happy, and when I don't like the band I'm aware of it. Likewise, when the grownups are having obnoxious conversations nearby at a kids party it's different from the ones where I like the vibe. Recently I painted at a Frozen party where the movie was playing right next to me, and the kids were zombie-like in my chair. At first it was nice they were holding so still, but as the movie got more intense it was just a weird hollow vibe, and I was in their way when I painted in front of their eyes!
On quick designs there's no time for more than a little encouragement, but on more elaborate faces I wonder if we could come up with some imagining game or some way to share a moment. Talking about baking has promise, Kris.
Keep the feedback coming, I am liking this!
Thanks
Brendasfacepainting
Brendasfacepainting

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-07-22

http://www.brendasfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down