Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putting fees on website?

5 posters

Go down

Putting fees on website? Empty Putting fees on website?

Post by Annainohio Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:39 pm

What are you thoughts on putting fees on websites? Is it a good idea?

Annainohio

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-08-19

Back to top Go down

Putting fees on website? Empty Re: Putting fees on website?

Post by rthling Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:31 pm

I don't just put my prices on my website. I put a link to my service agreement, which is a published GoogleDoc.
As a consumer, I do not purchase anything from a website where the price is not completely disclosed. I do not care to ask for a price. I don't want a sales pitch. I want to do my own research from the comfort of my recliner, in my jammies, if I wish.
I understand why some people do not put their prices. It works for them, and that's fine. But I know what I want, and I do what works for me.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JennVenn Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:14 pm

I post all my prices upfront on my website. I agree with rthling on being a consumer I like to know what I need to pay up front without waiting for a response from the artist. The plus side to not posting rates is it leaves you some flexiblity in how much to charge. I think whatever you are comfortable with is fine and good luck Very Happy
JennVenn
JennVenn

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2013-11-02

http://www.ncfacepaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Affordable Face Magic Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:00 pm

For the first three years, I didn't publish my rates. That meant I got a lot of people shopping for the lowest priced face painter. Recently, I reworked my website (still in progress) & added a RATES tab. That way, not only do people know what I charge up front, but when I'm face painting at a busy event, I can answer their query, "what do you charge?" by handing them my business card & suggesting they check it out & give me a call. (BOY, would my English teacher be giving me a hard time about that "run on sentence!)
Last year, I stopped my membership in Thumbtack while I had surgery. I didn't resume it due to frequent bids I put out to bargain hunters, unwilling to pay a reasonable rate. Now, I'm realizing that if I had added my rates to my ad, I'd have probably weeded out most of those people.
Don't forget, you can still offer a lower rate if you're in a slow season, but not higher. Don't underprice yourself.
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:53 pm

I do not publish my rates. I am a full service make-up artist so there is no one rate that is applicable to all services. And there are variables (i.e. do I even want the job, travel fees, time of year - I don't drive out-of-town in winter, etc.) to consider for each quote.

Long term clients may be charged a different rate than new clients, I may want to quote high due to inconvenience, I might provide a non-profit discount at my discretion, etc. So by not publishing my rates (which BTW is a five page document I use for my own reference only) I give myself the ability to custom quote.

It really doesn't hurt my bottom line - more people book than don't book. I am the highest rate in my market (twice as much per hour).

And responding to inquiries gives me an opportunity to get my information out there even if they don't book at that point.

Back to top Go down

Post by AuntieStacey Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:03 pm

At first I had my rates on my website, but there are so many variables, and people tended to only remember the first number they saw. They would be annoyed if the rate was higher than the lowest price, even though they lived 100 miles from me and I had driving costs for various cities spelled out. It's a lot clearer to quote per party. I don't give a sales pitch, just quote a price quickly based on time/day/location. I can see benefits to both methods though.
AuntieStacey
AuntieStacey

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-09-30

http://www.auntiestaceysfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down