Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paradise and linework, details; wolfe white absorbed by snaz

4 posters

Go down

paradise and linework, details; wolfe white absorbed by snaz Empty paradise and linework, details; wolfe white absorbed by snaz

Post by jlirie Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:00 pm

i would like some help clearing up a question and a problem.

question - reading through previous posts about paradise face paint, i notice people say it is both good and bad for linework and details.
i just ordered the paradise brilliant pallette (bright metallics).

i am hoping it will be better than snazaroo sparkle and metallics in vibrancy of color, and in crispness for line work and details. am i imagining things?

problem - i am finding wolfe white can get absorbed by snazaroo when i paint over snaz sparkle and metallics.  even if i use 2-3 layers of wolfe. is wolfe white not invincible after all?
jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

paradise and linework, details; wolfe white absorbed by snaz Empty Re: paradise and linework, details; wolfe white absorbed by snaz

Post by StephanieKiDooodle Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:59 pm

I have had trouble with whites absorbing the color that is under them as well. I even did a bunch of tests with several different paints, but even the good ones still bled through. Some more experienced painters suggested barrier spray, which I have not yet mastered, and using a thicker consistency of the white after being sure the undercoat of color has dried.
StephanieKiDooodle
StephanieKiDooodle

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2013-10-16

http://www.KiDooodles.com

Back to top Go down

paradise and linework, details; wolfe white absorbed by snaz Empty Re: paradise and linework, details; wolfe white absorbed by snaz

Post by jlirie Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:43 pm

thanks, stephanie, guess i'll plan on painting those colors first and do white details later when they are drier.

and the paradise brilliants are brighter than the snazaroo sparkle colors, and do pretty well at details.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:13 pm

I don't have the problem with TAG white over my mehron colors. I think it might be a higher wax content then wolf.

Mehron is a Glycerin based paint, and i found it never worked well for line work.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieKiDooodle Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanks for the input Forest FAiry.
StephanieKiDooodle
StephanieKiDooodle

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2013-10-16

http://www.KiDooodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:06 pm

i wanted the paradise brilliants to be better than snaz sparkle and electric colors for small colored things in designs like birds, petals and leaves, faces and arms, ladybugs, etc.

so far so good, though i agree they are not as crisp as the wax based face paints.

i'm still using wolfe white and black for my white/black lines and details.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:06 am

All whites will absorb color, it is the nature of the beast.

As for Paradise the Brillant line is very different than the other color lines. It is much softer, making it not as good for line work as the Basic, Pastel, Tropical and Nuance colors. These you will find to be firmer lending themselves better for linework.

I love the Brillant colors, bright with a high sheen, but I turn to Wolfe Metallix for linework) and sponge work).

Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:16 am

thanks for the info on the various paradise paints, sweet loretta.

i like metallics more than regular pigments, but having acquire a couple different brands and powders, i am realizing their limitations - grittiness of some colors being a main one, a few colors not very bright, and the different texture.

one of my strategies is to mix them with regular colors if needed, to help improve them a bit.
jlirie
jlirie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down