Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pricing on glitter tattoos?

+6
Forest-Fairy
fesspenter
lailatov
Texastexastexas
TheGildedCat
JoyBells
10 posters

Go down

Pricing on glitter tattoos? Empty Pricing on glitter tattoos?

Post by JoyBells Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:28 pm

I don't see much in the forum on glitter tattoos about pricing. How do you decide the pricing on your glitter tattoos? I work at fairs mostly (so how do you decide the per tattoo price & what is your price for different size tattoos). But, thinking about also doing them at corporate events & birthday parties. Trying to figure out how to get the most $$ out of my glitter tattoos.

JoyBells

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Pricing on glitter tattoos? Empty Re: Pricing on glitter tattoos?

Post by TheGildedCat Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:22 pm

Min $5, and I step it up depending on size from there... $8, $10, $15. If I had it to do over, I probably wouldn't get any larger sized ones. The regular small size consistently sells the best and is the easiest/quickest to apply. However, I know sales vary regionally and by event type.
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Texastexastexas Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi,

I just started doing glitter tattoos. I'm charging $5 per tattoo, but I only do the smalls. I'm not confident enough to order large ones yet 😳. Almost half of my sales so far are snowflakes (Frozen). It's easy to apply and turns out beautiful every time.

Texastexastexas

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by lailatov Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Where do you guys sell these? festivals? what kinds of places should I start researching for?
Thanks

lailatov

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:19 pm

I use them as an add-on to events. I also recommend them at birthday pool parties.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:50 pm

i do them as add on's to parties mostly.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying Laughter Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:38 am

fesspainter and forent-fairy,
How much more an hour when adding on to birthday parties?
Flying Laughter
Flying Laughter

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2012-01-04

http://flyinglaughter.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:36 pm

I usually add on $50 for glitter tattoos per hour to the face painting price.  I pay the glitter artist $20/hour, and it costs approximately $1  per tattoo with glitter and glue.  If they can do a tattoo every three or four minutes, they can do 15-20 tattoos per hour, so it is costing $15-$20 for supplies per hour plus artist cost.  If it is glitter tattoos alone, then I charge out $75/hour.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:01 pm

lol I'm the same as Lisa, I +$50 to the price, and add an extra hour, and i only do it as an add on to face painting.

For Pay Per Tattoo, my smallest is minimum $5 and it goes up from there, I include 2 colors of glitter in the initial price, then $1 per additional color.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by MissWyssa Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:21 pm

Curious as to what the going hourly rate for face painting is where you ladies are. Where I live it's between $40 and $50 an hour. I'm trying to figure out weekday to charge for glitter tattooing as well. I doing want to short myself or overcharge by going off pricing in a different market.
MissWyssa
MissWyssa

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Aireekah Wed May 24, 2017 2:58 am

My prices are:

$4 - Small
$6 - Medium (which is most of them)
$8 - Large

+ $1 for holographic glitter

For parties I've been doing $85/hr, but I think I'm changing that to $100/hr. I've had a hard time figuring out my hourly wage, but that's still a competitive price where I live and factors in my travel expenses and the extra time I take preparing for a private party.

Cheers!
Aireekah
Aireekah

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-03-10

http://www.glitt3rlyfe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed May 24, 2017 5:19 am

Dear Miss Wyssa:
When I started face painting almost 19 years ago, I charged $50/hour.  Now, I charge $150/hour for the first hour, and $95 for each subsequent hour.  
When I raised my rates, I got better customers.  I do get less jobs, and I still make more than I used to.  
I estimated that it costs me $26/hour to face paint, including paint, glitter, Bling, brushes, sponges, hand sanitizer, soap, wipes, insurance, travel, education & training, kit case, powders, chair, canopy, signage, aprons, business cards, table cloths, tables, flooring, unbreakable mirrors, containers, alcohol, duct tape, bungees, vendor's fees, etc.  
At $40/hour, you are making $14 per hour.   That is only $3 more than minimum wage.   That is not enough to make a living.  If you include the fact it may take 30 minutes each way to travel, 20 minutes to clean and restock my kit, and the hours of practice time to insure I get better all the time, that $14/hour profit goes down to less than $7 per hour. You will soon be unable to afford to face paint, or invest in your training or upgrading your kit.  
Face Painting is a luxury service.
We come to the client, and create art on the spot.  
It costs a lot of money for proper supplies.  And, actually, they are not paying for the cost of supplies, they are paying for our artistry. Lots of people start up at $50/hour. They don't last.
If a client wanted to do Face Painting for themselves, a Deluxe Snaz kit is $89, and they still have to buy brushes, sponges.

Last edited by fesspenter on Wed May 24, 2017 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pushed "Send" before done.)
fesspenter
fesspenter

Back to top Go down

Post by paintergirl92 Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 am

This is something I needed to see. I usually charge &50 an hour which is crazy good and people don't want to pay that but I have learned it's hard for me at least to put a value per hour on my time like that thanks it helped me realize I am really under valuing myself

paintergirl92

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down