Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go Couture Kit?

2 posters

Go down

Go Couture Kit?  Empty Go Couture Kit?

Post by Jennybo Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:44 am

Just found a Go Couture Glitter HD Kit and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it other than its expensive. The tattoos are wild looking but are the stencils reusable or are they one time use? Can you use them with glitter glue from a normal kit or do you have to use everything for those kits specifically? Let me know if you know anything about them, thanks!

Jennifer
Jennybo
Jennybo

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Go Couture Kit?  Empty Re: Go Couture Kit?

Post by Lady Jayde Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:54 am

Hi Jennifer,
The components Go Couture kits are intended to be used together. The stencils are a combination of vinyls stencil and silkscreen fabric and since the design is applied by painting the glue to the stencil and peeling it off, they would be single use only. Even if there was a way to reuse them, I wouldn't. The epithelial tissue that is removed when we peel the stencil off isn't something that your customers will appreciate you passing on.
I'm assuming that since the adhesive has to be thin enough to pass through the screen, standard glue won't cut it.
Yes, the kit is expensive and the patented stencils cost way more that standard stencils, but these are intended to be marketed to a higher price based client. I've been considering them, but unless I can justify the cost of doing business the right and hygienic ally safe way (i.e., single use stencils) I will leave this set out of my arsenal.

I can't gel but feel that Go Couture is the company's way of recouping some of the ground that was lost when they decided to offer the Shimmer product to the public (to the chagrin and dismay of much of Glimmers then loyal, customer base). A part of me is wary of indulging because how do I know that in a year Glimmer won't decide to bank on public interest and offer a Shimmer Couture kit in stores. The Go Couture kit costs too much for me to risk being stuck with it because the company decided to put the kits in stores after I invest in it for my business. Just my nickel and a half!
CJ
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennybo Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:34 am

Thanks for some of the details. There seems to be no descriptions out there. I will not be jumping on board either with the fears that the kit will be sold in stores by Christmas! I, like a lot of other Glitter Tattooists was very disappointed when Glimmer sold to the public. We just all need to put our heads together and come up with something better to offer our clients! Thanks again! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jennybo
Jennybo

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum