Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on using this method with DFX, Wolfe, Paradise, etc?

+4
shadowdrawing
JJJJJ
rthling
Kw00
8 posters

Go down

Thoughts on using this method with DFX, Wolfe, Paradise, etc? Empty Thoughts on using this method with DFX, Wolfe, Paradise, etc?

Post by Kw00 Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:05 am

http://www.snazaroo.us/coffee.htm

Well, thoughts on using this method, period?
I was looking for a cleaner, more efficient way to rinse brushes and sponges, and this article was recommended to me. Only, I just bought DFX and Paradise paints.

Kw00

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-06-05

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on using this method with DFX, Wolfe, Paradise, etc? Empty Re: Thoughts on using this method with DFX, Wolfe, Paradise, etc?

Post by rthling Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:35 am

That doesn't work with certain health standards of face painting, depending upon region.
Canada has strict regulations, for example.
But I do this pretty regularly.
I leave quite a few of my brushes loaded.
My rounds with black and white, for example, as well as some of my flats, with one-strokes I use all. the. time.
I just dip them in the water to reactivate the paint on them, and pick up a little more paint.
Many professional face painters paint this way.
They also us one sponge per color, rather than one sponge per child.
I don't use Snazaroo much. I think I have one color anymore.
I primarily use TAG, with a few Paradise and FAB colors added to my kit. I use Wolfe for line work.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on using this method with DFX, Wolfe, Paradise, etc? Empty Re: Thoughts on using this method with DFX, Wolfe, Paradise, etc?

Post by Kw00 Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Thank you, rthling! Where do I learn what my region's health standards are?

Kw00

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:09 pm

I must say, that though I don't use lots of Snaz, I do love it for the black (for skull eyes) and for sparkle green (just a great great color and it looks fantastic in the light).

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowdrawing Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:31 pm

I used to paint this way, but I have switched to the 3 pot method where the brushes are washed out - but I also raised my prices because of all the paint I was wasting!
**3 pot method - one with soap (brush bath if you wish), 1 clear water, 1 clear water. Put the brush in with the soap...then the water, then the water...press on a cloth to remove excess water.
I actually keep 7 containers of water on my table. 3 pots for colors, 3 pots for white, one itty-bit little one for just dipping the end of my one stroke brushes in.
I gave up on the one-sponge-per-color thing pretty fast....I hate chasing my sponges across the tent when the wind blows!
shadowdrawing
shadowdrawing

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2012-08-19

http://www.shadowdrawing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CassandraMcLaren Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:25 pm

I have a lot of Snaz, but also a good helping of other paints. I do keep a no.4 round for black and white, and my flats stay with a particular one stroke. I don't think I have the organization to have one brush per colour or even one brush per colour group! I get a bit carried away when I'm snowed under and have a hefty line...

I have considered cleaning on rotation but I haven't put it into action - parents regularly comment on how clean my kit is.
CassandraMcLaren
CassandraMcLaren

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-03-06

http://www.rainbowcakestudio.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Flourishing Faces Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:11 am

I use a 8 slot popsicle holder. It gives me a slot for each colour. White, Black, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, Purple, Brown. I do change my water every hour and I find this was great as I never get mucky looking water and it looks better then the big water container.
Flourishing Faces
Flourishing Faces

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2014-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LucciPucci Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:57 am

The article is no longer up there. Does anyone have a new link? Perhaps if you can post the exact title of the article it can be found in google? I'm very interested in health and hygiene practices used in face painting and want to hear how people handle this issue. It is a big concern to me. Especially, using a brush around the eyes, nostril's and mouth.

LucciPucci

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jlirie Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:42 pm

luccipucci, if you search the forum using the search box, there are lots of previous posts about brush rinsing on the job.

the method described above is pretty standard - 3 pots, 1st wash, 2nd rinse, 3rd final rinse. in canada, or if you want to sterilize brushes, the 3rd step is sterilize by rinsing in water containing a disinfectant brush bath, or rinse/spray thoroughly with 70% or 91% rubbing alcohol, blot and allow to dry.

for those who don't rinse brushes between each person, some use dedicated brushes for each color, and reload as needed.

for sponges, if you use one per person, you just have to have a lot of inexpensive sponges on hand.

eyes are usually not a problem, as you are not touching the inside of the lids.
noses, same thing, or use something disposable.

for lips, most people recommend cotton swabs/q-tips (one per person, then discard), there are also cosmetic cotton swabs shaped specifically for lip gloss/lipstick.

and everyone has the same rule - no painting someone who is visibly sick, has any kind of skin rash/infection/sore, or something like pink eye.

jlirie
jlirie

Number of posts : 1812
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by LucciPucci Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:16 pm

I appreciate the detailed message, Jllrie. I found some good info. on my search, however you nailed it for me!

Thank you!

LucciPucci

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum