Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glitter tattoos in school - anyone do this?

5 posters

Go down

Glitter tattoos in school - anyone do this? Empty Glitter tattoos in school - anyone do this?

Post by vedahanks Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:39 pm

My daughter's birthday is coming up. She's in preschool - kids are all around 5.
I thought, instead of the typical cupcakes, I could come in towards the end of the day and do glitter tattoos. The bonus would be handing out care cards with my contact info on the back.

I'm wondering how the school and parents will feel though... Anyone ever do something like this? Did notes go home to parents ahead of time?
vedahanks
vedahanks

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Glitter tattoos in school - anyone do this? Empty Re: Glitter tattoos in school - anyone do this?

Post by creativefunfaces Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:02 pm

I would be concerned about time. How many children are in the class? and how long would it take you to give them all tattoos. I know that in the past with my chidren, they have done the cupcake/party during a short snack period.
If one parent says no, you may have an upset child at the party, so maybe have an alternative for that child. Like a goodie bag?
I would contact the teacher and see if that is something that would work with the class, and if so, than I think it would be fun for the children.
I dont know.... Just my thoughts.
creativefunfaces
creativefunfaces

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2012-01-24

http://creativefunfaces.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Glitter tattoos in school - anyone do this? Empty Re: Glitter tattoos in school - anyone do this?

Post by nikkili26 Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:14 pm

yeah, definitely have an alternative planned...i love the look of glitter tats, but my daughter is the first one to rub it in her eye...even if it is on her upper arm.i don't know how, but it always ends up in her eyes.
more headache than the prettiness is worth.

maybe bring some glittery regular stickers...!kids love stickers.

and yeah, find out some way to get permission/consent from the parents first.....it's never happened to me personally, but i have overheard parents complaining about these things-because then they have to take their child to something formal after school or over the weekend or to take pictures.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:18 pm

As a past teacher this sounds like disaster waiting to happen. Cupcakes are disruptful enough but comes with the territory, and I can't see a whole classroom of kids getting done very quickly. Wouldn't it be better to invite the kids to a birthday party with glitter tattoos? Then hopefully they have time to play & not sitting waiting in anticipation...just my thoughts, the teacher may be able to make it work for you.
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vedahanks Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Thanks for your input. On the surface cut sounded like a great idea but it gets tricky when you think out all of the things that could go wrong.

Can't have a party at my house as it's too tiny.

vedahanks
vedahanks

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:13 pm

just communicate your wishes with the other parents-or have the teacher talk for you.
many younger kids are able to sit still perfectly for glitter tat's and never have an issue.i was just sharing my own experiences because my kids are very hyper.

If you talk to the teacher, or passed your idea to the other parents, they would let you know which children this may not be ideal for, and then you can give them something else.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Texastexastexas Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:15 am

I'm a PreK teacher. I gave glitter tattoos to my whole class twice last year and they loved it. But I did it on party days when we had 1.5 hrs. My parent letter said that I would give glitter tattoos and to let me know if they prefer their child not to have one. I also asked the parent to tell the child that they weren't getting one in class. Nobody objected. I did snowflakes (Frozen was insanely popular last year) and almost every child wanted snowflakes at the next party, too. Someone on another thread says that coconut oil removes glitter tattoos. I wonder if canola oil does...

Texastexastexas

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down