Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook! Some strategies that work

+2
silversky
miss D
6 posters

Go down

Facebook! Some strategies that work Empty Facebook! Some strategies that work

Post by miss D Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:11 am

I've had a facebook page for face painting since I started face painting last year. Recently I've been doing lots and lots of research on how to use facebook for marketing and I've found that. Here's what I've done so far...

-Asking for testimonials. Most of my research has been done on this topic, I just typed in 'testimonials' on and 'asking for testimonials' on google. Testimonials are great for your business and they give a potential customers a reason to hire you.

This leads me to - adding the recomendations tab to your facebook page - there's a bit of a trick to adding this and if anyone is interested I can post instructions. So what I've been doing with this is sending a message by facebook after I do an event saying something along the lines of thank you for having me at your event, I hope the children enjoyed it, would you please tell me what you liked best about having me at your event, and then giving them the option to post on my wall or email it to me. I have so far collected 3 really great testimonials.

The last thing I have tried is page promotion - the way it works is you pick a post you want to promote and you set your budget. The minimum budget is $5 and the best thing is you are charged depending on how many people your post reaches (meaning how many people see your post in their news feed, whether it be because their friends have liked or commented on your post) so you may not even be charged the full $5. You can also edit or cancel the post at any time. The post is promoted for 3 days I think. So for example I promoted a post last night and I have 5 new likes today

I really believe facebook is the best thing to promote your business right now because so many people use it and its FREE. It is especially great if you are starting out (like me) and just don't have the funds to set up a website. You get so much exposure using facebook without people actually having to 'search' for you.

I have spent so much time practicing face painting and learning new skills, and also spent money on paint and equipment. I have now realised it's just as important to spend time and money on marketing your business or hobby, whatever it may be.

If anyone wants anymore info please let me know. Feel free to post here or PM me Smile Sorry this ended up being such a long post!
miss D
miss D

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Facebook! Some strategies that work Empty Re: Facebook! Some strategies that work

Post by silversky Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:02 am

I have yet to start a facebook page as i still consider myself fairly new, but your research will come in handy when I do. Gotta get some more pic's before I create a page, and then gotta research how to create the face book page for a business, and before that gotta get a name I like thats not already taken and a ABN , did i mention i am new? Rolling Eyes and yes I am quite the ditz with facebook.
But I can see the potential it has and as soon as I get all those things above crossed off my list I may be back at you with more questions...

silversky
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Facebook! Some strategies that work Empty Re: Facebook! Some strategies that work

Post by miss D Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:42 am

All u have to do is get started and the rest will come Smile just google anything you want to know...there so much you can do with Facebook
miss D
miss D

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks for the useful information. Will be watching this thread for more!!!
PrairiePainter
PrairiePainter

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiemarie Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:03 pm

I would like instructions for getting recommendations on my facebook page. Is this same a testimonial or is there a button added to your page? And if anyone can explain the difference between a business page and a group i would appreciate it. I seem to have my personal page, my Macon Faces Face Painting page and then a Macon Faces Face Painting and Henna Body Art page...both of the Macon Faces pages have friends. WOndering which is better for attracting more business interest?
www.facebook.com/maconfacesfacepainting
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyB Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi Aussie Marie, not sure if you heard back about how to get the recommendation box or not but I just googled it. All you need to do is add an address and a map to your facebook page, so make sure that the map check box is selected. You don't need your full civic address, just the area should be fine.

Good luck! Smile
DannyB
DannyB

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiemarie Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Thank u DannyB, will give it a go.
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funela Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:09 pm

new thing for me on FB is review and stars. I don't know if works but i got it. You can't see the stars from I phone or I pad. Only from regular computer. Bit strange.
funela
funela

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://funela.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down