Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do you do the snap off with no scissors

4 posters

Go down

how do you do the snap off with no scissors Empty how do you do the snap off with no scissors

Post by elantaura Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:23 pm

allright I have seen this happen in videos for years and have never been able to do it.
you know when people tie of then they do this thing they sort of pull twist and the rest of the balloon breaks off (rather than use scissors to cut the excess off)
Try as I might - and I have tried my fingers hurt and that little balloon tail seems to stay attached. I have to use scissors to snip if I am doing somthing that needs it.

Even if it turns out not practical as it hurts to do I want to know how as i end up in a war with the balloon elasticing back and fourth when I try - I feel deflated (while the balloon is in tact)
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

how do you do the snap off with no scissors Empty Re: how do you do the snap off with no scissors

Post by Perry Noia Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:31 am

I wish I could tell you, I bring a little plastic letter opener with my balloons at all times... it has a blade on the inside corner to cut. I can't break them with my hands either.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

how do you do the snap off with no scissors Empty Re: how do you do the snap off with no scissors

Post by elantaura Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks Perry at least i know i am not the only one.
droped my siccors and broke the handel before a gig started a few weeks back realised my kids had stolen the spare. I managed to borrow a set of chicken shears - not the sharpest of tools... and I remember thinking if only I could break a balloon off.
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by benjammen720 Fri May 25, 2012 3:54 am

Here is a QUICK tip: all you need to do is give your self some space on the balloon which you are going to tie off. With that space you twist the balloon at the very end of your space you made and make sure you twist it maybe three of four times around and pinch the center with both fingers and pull fast making sure to pull apart from the center and you should be able to pull apart instantly. Practice a few times! you get used to it later.
benjammen720
benjammen720

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by lady jynx Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm

I asked my partner how he does it, since he makes everything balloons look easy. He doesn't even use a pump. He blows them up, all of them even those little tiny skinny ones. AND he does it by the MOUTHFUL, seriously 4 or 5 at a time. Anyways his response is he bites a little nick and then just pulls it apart. Not sure if it helps but there you go.

lady jynx

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Not a good idea to use your mouth.... I learned how to break them off at camp this year. Twist off a "safety bubble" so that you still have room to tie off the end after. Then twist off a bubble that you are going to pop. Dig your thumb nail into the popping bubble, squeeze it so that it is stretched to the limit and then pull as you are digging your nail into it.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down