Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to glitter tats... peeling?

4 posters

Go down

New to glitter tats... peeling? Empty New to glitter tats... peeling?

Post by Rhondabelle Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:55 am

Hi all! I've been a lurker for a few weeks while waiting for my kit to arrive Smile It finally got here yesterday but I didn't get a chance to play until this afternoon. So on to my question Smile

The tattoo that I applied this afternoon is already starting to peel around the edges. I did use rubbing alcohol to clean the skin, I did wait a few minutes to let the skin warm up again... I'm wondering if it has something to do with the amount of glue I used? I didn't glob it on, but I'm not sure I used enough... My google-fu is failing me tonight.

I will keep practicing, and experimenting. I don't know the brand of glue, it's the stuff that comes with the kit I purchased; my cousin uses the same stuff & hasn't had a problem and I have sent off an email to her for her thoughts on it but I probably won't hear back until tomorrow.

Thanks all Smile

Rhondabelle

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

New to glitter tats... peeling? Empty Re: New to glitter tats... peeling?

Post by TheGildedCat Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't had trouble with the glue peeling - that's not how the acrylic pros-aide type glues come off. I suspect you might be using a latex-based glue. Does it smell a bit like ammonia? If so, it's probably latex, which does peel and won't last as well as the acrylic adhesives.
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Which kit did you purchase?
cattsy
cattsy

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:48 am

You're probably using too much glue. I find they work best with a really thin coat.

You can really see the difference with mica tats:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=301891869855354&set=a.285557751488766.71410.283712625006612&type=3&theater - too much glue, looks kinda of scraggly around the edges and peeled a bit when I tried to lift the stencil.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=301891783188696&set=a.285557751488766.71410.283712625006612&type=3&theater - thin layer of glue, clean edges, good consistency
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhondabelle Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:02 pm

I got my kit from a company in Alberta Canada that is just starting out. The owner is really great about things and very helpful. She also suggested that maybe I put on too much glue. I did some for a client yesterday and they're still holding up, so I'm thinking that everyone is correct Very Happy Thanks so much for the replies!

Rhondabelle

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down