Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glitter tats question

+2
Lyndell44
Bec
6 posters

Go down

Glitter tats question Empty Glitter tats question

Post by Bec Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Is 10 different designs (Butterfly, heart, flower, dolphin, dragon, frog, sun, stars, long swirly design, ribbon) enough to start out with? I'll have 6 of each.
Bec
Bec

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://www.bbeautifulfacepaint.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Glitter tats question Empty Re: Glitter tats question

Post by Lyndell44 Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:10 pm

The first time I did the glitter tats, the design that went the fastest was a peace sign. Had to re-order that one!

Lyn
Lyndell44
Lyndell44

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:30 pm

I guess it depends on what you're using them for. Is it just so you can offer them to clients at birthday parties, or are you thinking festival work?
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by faketoos Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:12 am

I'm with Lori; it's going to depend a lot on the usage you plan on. But I'm going to go with the festival idea. At an open festival event, I can run through 60 stencils in less than three hours. I know that I'm JUST a little nuts about such things (especially since I'm making my own stencils), but I display and carry about 125 different designs to any given show. A wider range of design selection is always going to increase your potential business because you're going to have more ways to make more people happy. The other risk of only carrying six stencils of ten different designs (regardless of the type of event) is that you might pick two or three designs that prove VERY popular and you run out of them right way; then you're stuck with three or four designs that no one really wants.
faketoos
faketoos

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-04-28

http://www.faketoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winger1200 Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:04 am

For a festival, since you are starting out, figure at least 20 designs an hour and have twice of that amount of stencils to be safe. At five bucks a tat, that's nice money.

I ordered 72 detailed stencils from Faketoos and over 50 from Linda Adams to add to my collection of 85 for a four hour event plus a few hourly gigs last week.

Linda's order arrived two days later ; ) Wish she would post photos of her stencils here for easy ordering - I forgot what she has and I need lotsa peace signs, too!

Susan
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracalla Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

I started out with about 50 designs for festivals and birthday parties. Having more designs at festivals is good so the client has more to choose from. Having too many to choose from at birthday parties can be a problem and slows down your line since you can only do them so quick. I know have over 165 designs and 36 different color glitters, so I have lots for them to choose from.
Tracalla
Tracalla

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-06-25

http://drdrumtastickentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down