Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

still kind of new

2 posters

Go down

still kind of new Empty still kind of new

Post by imelda99 Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 am

Well i am still kind of new at this, as i mostly paint my daughters and nieces every chance i get. I did do 1 big event last year which was a company party and I am volunteering at my daaughters school carnival on friday because they will be passing out my business cards to every student in the school which are about 800 and putting my information in the school website. Very Happy So i just found out that there is an event next weekend where they need people for a kids corner where they said they did very good last year, but i have to pay a vendor fee that covers 2 days from 8am-10pm (sat and sun) I will be doing this event by myself since i do not want to risk getting someone to help me and something goes wrong, I have insurance and they don't. What do you'll recommend for me to make sure i have? or what tips can you'll give me? I will have alot of rainbow cakes to get my designs done fast. I was told that last year the person that did it was charging $5 and $10 but dont know what designs i should consider for what price as i dont do too many full faces. I am getting really nervous now. Sad . but i want to do this to get more business as i have been super slow lately. Exclamation Question
imelda99
imelda99

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-01-18

http://www.wix.com/imelda99/smiling-faces-by-imelda

Back to top Go down

still kind of new Empty Re: still kind of new

Post by a face painting mom Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:07 pm

If you can do a full buterfly, a spiderman, a tiger, a kittiy, and a puppy, you have the basics full faces, and you can embelish everything else to a half face. Practice a monster face, and that will carry you far too, and it is pretty simple to learn. Check out clayton and lisa Joy young on youtube for these. If you can do a scull with blood, you are golden. Stick on a few jewels on a mask, use a rainbow cake and some swirls and curls and glitter, and you have a higher percieved value to that face, even though it is not really a full face, You will do just fine. Dive in, that is the only way to really learn, it will all come. Good luck, and have fun!
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down