Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I bring another painter?

4 posters

Go down

Should I bring another painter? Empty Should I bring another painter?

Post by Airyfairy Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:49 pm

I have never done a festival before and just sent out my vendor app for a steampunk city. It is two days long and they are expecting 20,000 people to attend, and as far as I know there are no other painters.

Should I contact another facepainter to come and paint with me? If so should I pay them? A 60/40 split after profit? Thankyou for your expertise in advance Smile
Airyfairy
Airyfairy

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2011-04-29

Back to top Go down

Should I bring another painter? Empty Re: Should I bring another painter?

Post by Airyfairy Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Oops, obviously I will pay them, I meant to say how should I pay them!
Airyfairy
Airyfairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:06 pm

If you are providing all of the paint, insurance, canopy, tables, chairs, booth fee etc...then yes, 60/40 is acceptable. If you want them to supply paints or supplies, then a more generous pay is better. Remember, you get what you pay for Smile If it is someone who is experienced, you need to compensate accordingly, I brought in a new painter, and for the first event, we did the 60/40..but when she did a great job, I shot her an extra bonus, next gig, I gave a better split, the last job we did together I kept 10% for the business, the rest was hers, she has proven herself.
Gamezgirl
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by AmberMarie Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:36 pm

That is some good food traffic! I would suggest another painter definitely. I concur with Gamezgirl, how much are you expecting from this other painter and then offer money accordingly.
AmberMarie
AmberMarie

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-03-28

http://www.ambermariestudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:47 pm

That may be good numbers, but you need to consider whether it is your demographic. How many of those attendees are likely to want to get painted? Will they see you and assume that it is butterfly on the cheek kind of crappy face painting, will they be carrying cash and have the time to visit your booth? I do a fair with 20 000 people and easily covered it myself the first 2 years...because they had never seen real facepainting...took me time to build the market, this year, I am bringing in another artist. Same thing at a biker rally...1500 people one night, but only 3 takers on painting because they didn't really know what it was about... so if there has been painting there before, they may already be warmed up to it, if you are breaking the ice...you never know.
Gamezgirl
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:56 pm

And Steampunk would be something you would need to offer to attract the dressed up adults... gears and metallics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:13 pm

yes i would totally do research on steampunk designs!! there was a thread on here at some point. =0) dont forget your copper, gold and bronze.
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Airyfairy Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Thankyou!
I am already starting to work on designs and it's in May. Smile I love the steampunk style but it is hard to transfer into faster facepaint designs because of all the detail. LoneWolf has some amazing work! I will have to ask her if I can borrow some of her ideas.
GamezGirl, You may be right in people won't get that it's not just childrens facepaint. Maybe I will come up with some sort of signage.
Shannon! I so admire everything you do! Your website has helped a lot! I want to be like you when I grow up!!! Smile
Airyfairy
Airyfairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:23 pm

the round dauber sponges work great for gear bases, and they are super quick. the ones with the wooden stick from craft stores? they comes in all sorts of sizes to, so you could potentially layout a design in less than a minute then just do line work.
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Airyfairy Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Thats a great idea. Thanks!
Airyfairy
Airyfairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down