Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! HOW do you photograph glitter tats???

5 posters

Go down

Help! HOW do you photograph glitter tats??? Empty Help! HOW do you photograph glitter tats???

Post by Winger1200 Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:08 am

Help! HOW do you photograph glitter tats??? Mine come out looking like colored sand - I had to beg & plead Armanda to use her photo that she said she got lucky with.
Help! HOW do you photograph glitter tats??? Glitte11
This is the best I could do in the sunlight that washed out some color - help!!!
Help! HOW do you photograph glitter tats??? Blingb10
Special thanks in advance,
Susan
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Help! HOW do you photograph glitter tats??? Empty Re: Help! HOW do you photograph glitter tats???

Post by Wildcatfin Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:52 am

It doesn't seem to be a problem for proper photographers but they don't WANT the glarey bits so coloured sand is fine. I know my snappy camera has a 'twinkle' effect which I've used on photos through trees - looks magical - that I bet would 'sparkle' your pics, bet Photoshop must have similar.

I'm happy with that gritty look as it shows the shape/ colours - the reason glitter tatts 'sparkle' more in real life is that they move and twinkle. thats why I try to take wee videos of the better ones and have both on my www/ to email clients.

Cat x
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Help! HOW do you photograph glitter tats??? Empty Re: Help! HOW do you photograph glitter tats???

Post by SuzySparkles Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:24 am

I use my Macro settling when doing photgraphing my glitter tats Smile
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcatfin Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:48 pm

You should always use your macro setring for stuff like this, even most face paints I do. But that won't affect how it still looks like coloured sand...Smile
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:23 am

I photograph them when the light is catching a sparkle or two. Then, I work the photo on the computer. Sometimes, you can make the sparkles stand out by playing with the exposure and contrast adjustors on the photo program. I just use the one called iphoto that came installed in my Mac. It does "doctor" the photo a bit, but I'm okay with that because it lets people see what the tattoos do, and when they get their actual tattoo, well, we all know what effect that is: SPARKLES GALORE!! Surprised)

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Caswell Designs FP Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:14 pm

I use the macro setting for both glitter tat and face paint photos, but I also take a ton of pics changing about the angle. That way I am sure to get at least a couple of decent ones I can then edit a bit.
I too play with the exposure and contrast, because the flash from your camera will wash out the colors a little bit. By playing with it, you can bring it back closer to what the actual product looks like.
Caswell Designs FP
Caswell Designs FP

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2010-01-15

http://www.caswellfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down