Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thought on Safety of Dippy Pots

+12
martha
1HappyNut
Metina
anniel
leapinglizards
Who B What E
CottonKandyClown
squiggle
TheGildedCat
Perry Noia
Coral3
Wildcatfin
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thought on Safety of Dippy Pots - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought on Safety of Dippy Pots

Post by bee Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:54 am

Oh..ok. Had a look on their web site and couldnt find anything to that effect. However they did have lots of tips on storage and maintenance of face paints, which was quite interesting

bee

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2012-01-14

Back to top Go down

Thought on Safety of Dippy Pots - Page 2 Empty Re: Thought on Safety of Dippy Pots

Post by Wildcatfin Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 am

I think its at conventions I've heard him say it when teaching - just that as usual anything added to their paints means they can't help/ insurance won't cover if any reactions etc do happen.
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:43 pm

I did the dippy pot but noticed it didn't dry out right & feared it might cause that reaction mentioned. I create the well in my paints, but my paints are also stored in plastic cases w/ the lids off. They get great air flow & dry fully. This seems to be the biggest issue... if paints are stored moist.

Thought on Safety of Dippy Pots - Page 2 Paintc25Thought on Safety of Dippy Pots - Page 2 Paintc26
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by flopsietheclown Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 am

It's funny that I went to a very well known face painting convention where one instructor said you should only use water and never add anything. Another instructor said she uses a bit a alcohol in her water and you should always do that for hygienic purposes. I guess where laws determine what you must do, you should follow the guidelines but it is a bit confusing for those of us who are concerned.
flopsietheclown
flopsietheclown

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2010-11-10

http://www.ClassicClown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileyBee Faces Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:26 am

Psalmbook wrote:I did the dippy pot but noticed it didn't dry out right & feared it might cause that reaction mentioned. I create the well in my paints, but my paints are also stored in plastic cases w/ the lids off. They get great air flow & dry fully. This seems to be the biggest issue... if paints are stored moist.

Thought on Safety of Dippy Pots - Page 2 Paintc25Thought on Safety of Dippy Pots - Page 2 Paintc26

Is there a topic about the wells? I see everyone talking about how they add water to the middle. im new at this and would love for someone to eduacate me on this. =)
SmileyBee Faces
SmileyBee Faces

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2012-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:33 am

For alcohol to be ANY use as a sanitizer it has to be a minimum of 70% isopropyl... if you *add* it to water you are diluting it so much as to be useless. In fact it then becomes a food source for bacteria....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:42 am

smileybeefaces wrote:
Is there a topic about the wells? I see everyone talking about how they add water to the middle. im new at this and would love for someone to eduacate me on this. =)

You just add water by the drop to your cake... it creates a gooey spot that you can load your brush from. And I use that method all the time - I use dry brushes and sponges and load from the gooey spot... just keep adding water a drop or two at a time as needed to keep it the right consistency.

This repeated process creates a hole in your cake, a "well" if you will... That's all there is to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:55 am

If you want to get your well started in your cake you can also take the back tip of your brush and push a hole in your cake to start. Oh, and if your well in the center starts to get a bit large for you, just cover your paint with some plastic wrap and smoosh it towards the center till your hole is the size you want.
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:04 am

It's almost impossible not to have a well in your paints that you use for line work. It just happens.
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:39 am

My paints end up w/ several wells as I work it. Once it gets to hard to work w/ I repot it into a smaller container. Mainly this happens w/ black & white.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2