Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help it's like an addiction

+2
a face painting mom
livethedream
6 posters

Go down

Help it's like an addiction Empty Help it's like an addiction

Post by livethedream Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:43 am

I can't stopp I need 1 thing so I order a heap lol hubby's gonna kill me

I can't go a day with out touching painting rearranging sorting or cleaning my stuff hubby thinks I'm more in love with my paints than him lol..

Next major purchases on my wish list are:
tall chair, Perfect portable wheelie thing to carry my stuff in (unfortunate I can't bear to go to a gig minus one thing in case i need it lol I carry far to much stuff with me)

Mindless chatter over ta for listening...
Sam aka livethedream
livethedream
livethedream

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Help it's like an addiction Empty Re: Help it's like an addiction

Post by a face painting mom Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:17 am

yes, it is. There are worse things to be addicted to. I just hit the bottom of my neon rainbow cake yesterday...gotta make an order, darn it. Saw a youtube that said Wolfe metalic rose was nice...gotta have that...darn it. need a light blue in something. Darn it. hmmmmmm. That whole make your own mica powder cake thread is calling my name too...sigh.
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by erica21 Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:25 am

Don't sweat it Sam! I'm addicted too and loving it I love you - but in my case I really need to be as I need so much practice. I have decided that the million hours I have spent reading threads here has been well worth it but now its time to increase the time spent practicing! Got my first order from Metina today -eeck! So exciting! And so I finally convinced my daughter to let me do my first tiger on her. I was so excited but I was so disappointed by my blending I only went ahead and did half. Crying or Very sad Tonight I watched a few, (ok more than a few) you tube vids on blending the colours for a tiger, (sparkling faces had a great one!), and hoping that I can convince the daughter to let me go for it again tomorrow. Here's hoping! Wink Otherwise I may be forced to have a go on myself - Ahhh now that would be a picture no-one would want me to post! ha ha
erica21
erica21

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:34 am

I hear ya! Thank goodness my dad loaned me the money to buy all the stuff this summer. Before that I had just a basic Snazaroo palette because I did only cheek art the last four years. I could not help but buy everything I thought was pretty! A lot of my monthly earnings goes right back to paying my loan and some goes to advertising... and, of course, buying more stuff!
But it is no different than any other business... you have to spend money to make money!
The beauty of this for me is that I don't like to go shopping at all... but shopping for my supplies on line is perfect!!!
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:45 am

Erica, love your angry birds! here is mine! Help it's like an addiction Martha10

You cant see the sling shot on the other cheek. I like your pig on the box!

Blending and sponging takes some practice. Gettting the water just rignt is the key, and knowing what each brand needs. You will get it! Practice blending on your arm for a while...I only get to use my kids when I really know that I can execute the full face (they are not so cooperative with me any more, have to PAY them to sit for me!)
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Back to top Go down

Post by erica21 Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:16 am

Your angry birds inspired mine! Thank you so much! Smile My son adores angry birds and when I said I could have a go at them he wanted me to paint him - but he was a bit specific with what he wanted - so I quickly googled and away I went - he loved it!
Thanks for the encouragement with the blending and sponging - the sponges I got today are fantastic - I love them! I will keep the photo of my half tiger with crappy sponging and look back on it when I can do it better!
erica21
erica21

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:11 am

I still struggle with the sponges some times, get more on my hands than I would like! I was glad to hear that using a baby wipe to take off what you don't want (clean up the edges) is not a mistake, it is a technique called "reduction" so I use that one a lot! hahaha. Love the line work on your spider too! Neat.
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Back to top Go down

Post by erica21 Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:19 am

Hey thanks! Your avatar rocks - it is amazing! Reduction - that's a good one - I'll remember that. Problem is I may feel like reducing the whole thing! ha ha!
Sam, have you bought anything since starting this thread? Just saying - it might be a sign whether you are really addicted? lol
erica21
erica21

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:39 pm

a face painting mom wrote:yes, it is. There are worse things to be addicted to. I just hit the bottom of my neon rainbow cake yesterday...gotta make an order, darn it. Saw a youtube that said Wolfe metalic rose was nice...gotta have that...darn it. need a light blue in something. Darn it. hmmmmmm. That whole make your own mica powder cake thread is calling my name too...sigh.
HA HA! I am NOT ALONE! cheers
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterpieceFacePainting Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:06 pm

I shouldn't be left alone with my debit card... I went into town today and I absolutely needed this Snazaroo Metallic Electric Blue, I can't leave without it, and look, it's the only one left! Well since I'm at it, I could but a few sponges... Oh, this bucket could be useful! And these sponges could be good too, oh and what about these brushes? And these ones!

I thought I'd only spent £2... I'd actually spent £20...
MasterpieceFacePainting
MasterpieceFacePainting

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-11-11

http://www.masterpiecefacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by livethedream Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:07 am

Loli did ordered a glitter tattoo kit on ebay
livethedream
livethedream

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:57 am

I always wonder what my mailman thinks. I'll bet he thinks I'm addicted to ordering late at night from HSN or QVC!!! geek
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down