Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best face paint

3 posters

Go down

best face paint Empty best face paint

Post by hannah scrivener Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:45 am

hi i need advice on the best face paint around, does anyone know some really great brands that last long time and aren't too runny? thanks alot
hannah scrivener
hannah scrivener

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-12

http://www.funkyfairyparties.com.au

Back to top Go down

best face paint Empty Re: best face paint

Post by kyfaceandbodyart Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:47 am

There are alot of topics on this. However each face painter has their favorite. You have to play around with them to see which ones you like the best. My suggestion for a beginner is Snazaroo. Other brands to try are Mehron/Paradise, Ben Nye and Wolfe FX These are what most of us use. Hope this helps.
kyfaceandbodyart
kyfaceandbodyart

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:04 am

I used to use the face paints that you find at craft stores, but I didn't like the way it chipped and peeled off of the kids faces after it dried (kind of made me wonder if they weren't just repackaging acrylic paints...hmmm.)

After coming here, I discovered another world of face painting that was not only artistic and beautiful, but durable and safe.

My first kit was from Snazaroo and I love, love, love it! I of course, didn't internalize the concept of delayed gratification as a child so instead of buying from an online dealer, I went to a magic shop in the next town and allowed myself to pay $20 for the Snaz 8-pallet kit that I now know Michael's sells for $12.99 (before the lovely 40% off coupon) and almost $20 for an 8ml pot of Snaz single color (which you can usually get for $8-10 online). What I'm saying is don't be me...don't be excited about finding the paints you need prematurely, that shop owner knew he had a monopoly in the area and he priced accordingly. Also watch out for sellers who pad their products with high shipping...but that's just common sense.

My advice to you is to shop around before you buy...you can almost always find a great deal with reasonable shipping (what's more reasonable that the FREE shipping that's offered in the shop here?). BUT, you have to be able to delay your gratification...I've learned the hard way...spending so much on those little items was a wake up call for me...now I scrutinize like a pro. PM me if you need the names of some shops...I don't know if I can mention them on the boards. confused

I hope that helps!
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:33 pm

"Runny"... ? If you are using Matisse Derivan I guess that can be a problem... take the excess off your brush before applying.

I use the Tim Gratton Body Paint in black (only the black) and I dilute it about 50/50 with water before using - I don't use it for face painting though - stinks and tastes horrible!

Most of the brands we all use are dry cakes that we add water too to get to the consistency that WE each like. There are brands that have liquids too - such as Fardel and FantasyWorldwide (they also both have cream make-up rather than cakes.)

Snazaroo, Kryolan, Wolfe, DFX, TAG, Ben Nye, Mehron, Paradise, Grimas, Funky Foxes, etc. are all brand names of face paints/related products.

TAG is an Australian version of Wolfe/DFX.

Have you checked out some of the Australian shops/online stores?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down