Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charging for private parties?

4 posters

Go down

Charging for private parties? Empty Charging for private parties?

Post by AprilMayJune Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:59 am

I have just added glitter tats to my face painting business and was wanting some suggestions on how to charge for an event like birthday party. I am located near London, Ontario. I was thinking per tat with a minimum fee. I charge $75/first hour for face painting. Any help will be appreciated.

AprilMayJune

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Charging for private parties? Empty Re: Charging for private parties?

Post by loola Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm in a different London, London, England but I charge hourly, that way you are guaranteed an amount your happy with. What if you get to the party and only apply 5 Tatts? I charge £5 on top of my face painting rate for 1 hour minimum, just because tattoo costs are higher than FP costs. I know some argue that FP is more skilled so it balances out and charge the same for both but I do free hand and think they are pretty skillful too! Smile
loola
loola

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-10-11

http://www.fabulousfacesbyjemmascott.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Why would you want to charge a private booking per tatt? What is the benefit?

I charge hourly for anything I do, never by the face/piece. My rates are the same for everything, with package rates for birthdays parties of up to 15, half-day, full-day, etc.

Glitter tatt stencils increase the cost but doing them freehand is about the same as face painting.

Just make sure you have caculated your fees to cover the costs incurred.

Back to top Go down

Post by creative lady Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:18 am

50 kids, up to 75 adult and kids mixed, party. What is your half day price Shannon?
I charge $145. for up to 15 kids, for a party that is about 1 1/2 hours long, for a birthday. This includes gas, gems, glitter tattoos, etc. We haven't had to many private parties, but I feel that this is a fair price.
I have had someone ask if we would do half that for up to 6 kids, and I said I would consider it if it was local.
What do you think?

creative lady

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-09-29

http://wix.com/creativeladies/Our-Creative-Imaginings-Face

Back to top Go down

Post by spaqueen Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 am

hi guys. I offer glitter tattoos a la carte during my mobile spa parties. Small ones are $5, med $10 and large $15. I want to offer glitter/mica tattoo parties but was unsure how to determine an hourly rate....and should I require a minimum # of attendees? Also, do any of you offer your services for festivals? Do you use the same hourly rate calculation? Right now for a spa party the min # is 5 (that's including the guest of honor). Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.
spaqueen
spaqueen

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-06-05

http://www.spaqueen4aday.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down