Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twinkling, sparking and shiny paints?

+7
Psalmbook
artyfacesbyluz
a face painting mom
helena
summers4seasons
gorjessfaces
donwyn
11 posters

Go down

Twinkling, sparking and shiny paints? Empty Twinkling, sparking and shiny paints?

Post by donwyn Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Ok so I am getting ready for Christmas and want to add some sparkle to my kit.

To date I have only used Snazaroo sparkle and silver which is ok but does not provide solid colour.

Can anyone recommend a Gold / Silver that I can use for highlighting and outlines on some festive stuff.

Also - glitter - are puffers good? I normally dab Snazzaroo Glitter Dust and or Glitter gel with my finger but it's Christmas I feel the need for more bling?

Be grateful for any recommendations and tips. Thanks : Very Happy
donwyn
donwyn

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.boogaloofacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Twinkling, sparking and shiny paints? Empty Re: Twinkling, sparking and shiny paints?

Post by gorjessfaces Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:24 pm

I use TAG pearls and i am in love with them! they stay on longer and they are more intense colour. i recommend getting a pearl white it is fantastic for bases. just sponge/brush the area and paint over the top with your design, great for girl designs. and it would be perfect for your avatar pic. Smile

I use a 50gram split cake TAG of course with half silver and half gold metina sells these in her shop. i prefer to dab the glitter with my finger. thats just me. i shared my glitter storage in a thread in general.
gorjessfaces
gorjessfaces

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-09-06

http://www.gorjessfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Twinkling, sparking and shiny paints? Empty Re: Twinkling, sparking and shiny paints?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Nothing beats gold liquid bling for anything Christmas. And tourquoise for winter/snow designs.

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Another vote for TAG pearls!! LOVE!!!
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:51 pm

I also love the tag pearls, although i find they don't blend as easily as other paints, they have a gorgeous purple and pink that are a hit with the girls for butterflies especially Very Happy

Another vote also for gold liquid bling and silver too! Great for accenting and adding 'jewels'.

I've also recently purchased pink, white and blue mica powders which are gorgeous as a shiny 'base' or to 'shine-up' designs and I have the gold powder too which is more opaque.
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:57 am

For outlining in gold, I like liquid bling or mehron gold powder with mixing liquid.

Tag is my choice for most pearl, but I also like Interferenze silver, which is really white. Snaz sparkle white is very light, but gives that kind of pearl haze that is nice sometimes for lighter designs.

Micas are nice, and I like the lumier poders for sparkly quick bases.

I am a glittler poofer. I like the speed, since it seems like I rarely have a ton of time, and that way, I only need one glitter color. I hit a sale at the local drug store (plus some coupons) which made my glittler only a few cents per pot, it was Wet n Wild cosmetic glitter, and it was just too cheep to pass up. It is finer than the most of what I have gotten from snaz, amerikan body, graftobian, mehron, etc, and the price was so right! I will probably start using mama clowns holographic glitter once it runs out, which will not be any time soon! But the point being, poofing is a preference, but I find it a time saver and a space saver, since I only need one color. I am not sure that I get all that much more glitter on my desigins, though. It is more all over than if you touch with your finger.
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:28 am

Mama Clowns' White Fairy Dust poofer, is the best of the best, you don't need any other color, I bougth the small %5.oo dollars last year and I still have 90%, I bought white fairy dust from Paradise (because I want to dab on it) and I didn't like it, I prefer to put some in my hand when I need it in a specific place.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:08 pm

For glitter I prefer a poof bottle to dabbing the glitter on(nothing worse than hitting a wet area of paint & dabbing finger prints into the design). You just need to remember to "poof the glitter on after you paint your base(while it's still damp) but before you do your linework. The glitter will dull down your linework & your base is usually too dry for the glitter to stick. I only use the white iridescent glitter(it takes on the color of the paint). Many glitters end up looking like little dark black-heads if put over a design. I also keep some red glitter on hand for reindeer noses.

For metallics Wolfe or TAG are the best for Gold & Silver. Also, getting some gold & silver glitter gel will really make your design pop.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by martha Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Just got my first glitter gel from Metina. It's red and I adore the sparkle. Thinking it will make some holly berries POP!
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by mlittlefriends Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:19 pm

I always keepa tube of vasline in my kit so when im done facepainting if it is too dry I will dab some on then use the poof.
mlittlefriends
mlittlefriends

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-10-23

http://www.melissaslittlefriends.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donwyn Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Wow - so many great tips. Thanks guys. I need to get me some TAG and liquid gold bling. Don't suppose anyone know who stocks it in the UK?

Also - anyone tried the Grimas pearl palette?
donwyn
donwyn

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.boogaloofacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Twinkling, sparking and shiny paints? Empty Glitter Spray.. Done

Post by Grins&Giggles Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Hello Every one. My name is Jeanie and i am New to FPF. I live in West Palm Beach florida.. I used to be a make-up Artist inNJ- Ny.. I have worked In the steeming hot tents during fashion week. (Only Top designers get the ac).. So we had to come up with a way to keep make up and paint dripping off. Mehron barrier spary. I cant work with out it. I have tried all of them. But that one is my favorite.. Its Awesome on steemy hot days. Paint will not drip off. I have had parents ask me what I use.. That they have never had a child face paint last more than 3 hours.. Spray, Poof glitter or dab it and your done. Just besure there eyes are closed and i fan it for a few seconds.Marcella's Glitter (mama clowns Glitter is the only glitter i use. 98% of my paints are Wolfe FX.
Grins&Giggles
Grins&Giggles

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Grins&Giggles Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:39 pm

I know Silly farm ships to UK
Grins&Giggles
Grins&Giggles

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:54 am

Great tip, Grins&Giggles!

Does it wash off easily still?

Welcome to the forums, btw Smile
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 am

I recently got a Wolfe gold, and a Metallix appetizer palette. They are so shiny and beautiful!
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down