Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supplies in Calgary?

2 posters

Go down

Supplies in Calgary? Empty Supplies in Calgary?

Post by scs Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:05 am

Hi!

I have been face painting my children for a few years, and am looking to buy some supplies in Calgary. I originally came from the UK, where I used Grimas face paints, but I can't seem to find them here. I am thinking of buying some from the UK as I like them so much, but not sure if they are recognised here?

What suppliers do you use, and are there any good shops in Calgary that you know of? I have found several websites that I could buy products from, but wanted to know which ones are the good ones!

Thanks!

Sandie

scs

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Supplies in Calgary? Empty Re: Supplies in Calgary?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 pm

For an actual store you can walk into there is Don's Hobby Shop http://www.donshobbyshop.ca/index.php?page=static_pages/location_and_hours.php carries Kryolan, Wolfe, Paradise and Ben Nye.

I've bought from them in person once, and by phone twice - excellent service.

I order get most of my supplies from the UK - Grimas (I don't think there are ANY Canadian distributors), Fardel, lots of Snaz lately too (it is cheaper that way) and even some Kryolan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Judy Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Shannon,

You found it's cheaper getting Snaz from the UK than from Canadian Sources (Dotsy's) or the US? Interesting.

How long does it generally take for you to get an order from the UK?

Thanks

Judy
Judy
Judy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-08-01

http://www.facefx.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:14 pm

The Snaz is sent by friends or I pick it up when I am over there or friends bring it over to me when they visit... or I trade/barter. I don't actually order from a UK site/retailer - so usually it is shipped over with other things so I am not paying shipping on the Snaz itself.

A 18ml cake of Snaz is 2.99 GBP RETAIL which converts to $5.36 CAD - Dotsy's sells them for $11.99 CAD (Dotsy's gets theirs from Snaz US, which imports from the UK - Snaz is made in the UK - so there is a chain of mark-ups added to it before it ends up retail here in Canada.)

I do buy from Dotsy's when I need to order for theatre or workshops as it get's here faster. Dotsy's has always provided excellent service and I recommend them lots.

As to shipping from the UK... ages. But I never order in a hurry!!! I have lots of back-up supplies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down