Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

enhancing henna stain with steam?

3 posters

Go down

enhancing henna stain with steam? Empty enhancing henna stain with steam?

Post by aussiemarie Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:38 pm

I saw somewhere that henna staining (while paste is on ) can be enhanced with steam. How can this be done safely?!
Would it say work to have henna applied and then to go into a "dry' or wet sauna at the gym? This way I could apply henna through the winter.
Any suggestions or answers?
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

enhancing henna stain with steam? Empty Re: enhancing henna stain with steam?

Post by Mehndi Masala Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:49 pm

Steaming does work as it puts some of the moisture back in the henna and it stays stuck and you are applying heat. Too much steam and your henna runs and streaks with the water condensation and you run the risk of steam burns which can be 3rd degree if you are not careful. I never recommend this to clients. ( Steaming the flesh from your body by accident or negligence....very unattractive! )

Some like to turn on the stove, put down the hot plate and smoke the henna over cloves. The heat is great but this is REALLY bad for the lungs as clove smoke is not a good plan. Many of the things you may hear work but that doesn't make it a great idea! Gasoline can make your henna darker but this is a VERY BAD idea. Urine works too. Wouldn't want to go there! LOL

If you just use good ingredients and decent aftercare, you'll be ok!

Stick to a hair dryer or TP/paper towel wrap and/or cotton gloves. Henna can still be applied year round with little aftercare as long as the client knows to stay warm. A sauna at the gym would work but seems like alot of effort as far as taking clothes off and on with henna.
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:43 pm

I have been using my electric blanket. It seems to help. Smile
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Summers4seasons! Yup! And waterbottles! And gloves just make sure you don't sweat or your henna will essentailly 'melt' and blur!
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down